Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members beware rommel-lebt.com

Article about: This is just a post to warn others of a very strange dealer, I TAKE PAY PAL harrys-ww2-attic.com . I don't know how many of his items are fake, but he called me in response to a local ad I h

Quote by RailwayEagle View Post
    I posted an ad on craigslist.org three weeks ago seeking a Volkssturm Wehrmacht armband. This same exact guy, named John Goral, from rommel-lebt contacted me saying he had one and wanted $90 for it. I said no thank you, I'm looking to spend around $50 but thanks for the offer anyway. After that he started sending me several emails that said "OY VEY WHAT A DEAL", like he copied and pasted it several times. I emailed him back and said "Hmm...I don't think I'll be sending you money any time soon."

Avoid I TAKE PAY PAL harrys-ww2-attic.com like the f*cking plague.
    This guy has some serious mental illness. Also, 90$ for a Volksturm armband? He seems to prey on more un-experienced collectors and get them pay a ridiculous price

?

I posted an ad on craigslist.org three weeks ago seeking a Volkssturm Wehrmacht armband. This same exact guy, named John Goral, from rommel-lebt contacted me saying he had one and wanted $90 for it. I said no thank you, I'm looking to spend around $50 but thanks for the offer anyway. After that he started sending me several emails that said "OY VEY WHAT A DEAL", like he copied and pasted it several times. I emailed him back and said "Hmm...I don't think I'll be sending you money any time soon."

Avoid I TAKE PAY PAL harrys-ww2-attic.com like the f*cking plague.
    Wow, that is even worse than my experience with him. It seems as though the 'oy vey' thing is meant to be some type of antisemitic slur.

Quote by Erno View Post

Wow, that is even worse than my experience with him. It seems as though the 'oy vey' thing is meant to be some type of antisemitic slur.
    Really? I didnt know it meant that. That guy has a serious stick up his ass... sideways.

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Really? I didnt know it meant that. That guy has a serious stick up his ass... sideways.
    Well, "oy vey" is a Yiddish phrase meaning something like "oh boy." I don't know for sure that it was antisemitic, but it seems fairly likely given the context.

Quote by Erno View Post

Well, "oy vey" is a Yiddish phrase meaning something like "oh boy." I don't know for sure that it was antisemitic, but it seems fairly likely given the context.
    Ah, what a classy guy. His business must be blooming for surely.

Erno is right. I found this on the net:

"oy vey (interjection) : a Yiddish expression meaning something similar to "Oh God" and used in exasperation, annoyance, or frustration".

Quote by Erno View Post
    Being antisemitic was definitely his intention. Also I forgot the last email he sent me after I told him I would not be sending him money. He said, and I quote: "I already knew that - that is why I was speaking in your native language- schmuck"

Schmuck is also a word of Yiddish origin, I believe.

He's been banned from WAF as well...
    I agree that "Rommel-lebt" should be avoided just like "Snyder's Treasures"...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Being antisemitic was definitely his intention. Also I forgot the last email he sent me after I told him I would not be sending him money. He said, and I quote: "I already knew that - that is why I was speaking in your native language- schmuck"

Schmuck is also a word of Yiddish origin, I believe.
    Wow, that is beyond the pale.

?

Wot!? Sounds utterly outlandish.....and more than a little demented.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast