MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Midway - "The Movie"

Article about: I fully expect scathing reviews just from watching the trailer. Was even thinking they should have titles it "Pearl Harbor - Part Two"... But here is the first official review I ha

Better have that romance/love story or it won't cut it!!! yep awaiting that review Phil!

?

Don't hold your Breath, I work tomorrow and then It Veterans day and I have things to do for that!!

But I do plan on seeing it. I just came from the B17 site and more have chimed in "Excellent ".With one comment that I thought fit this threads decision" I have been disappointed by the pointy head LIB media critics who panned the movie. "

I'll see it and chime in when I do.
    I'll also add I was about to see it Friday, BUT with the reviews given here I DIDN"T!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 11-15-2019 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Added comment

Just got back from the theater. Overall it wasn’t as bad as I expected. The wife liked it. It had its historical inaccuracies (highly expected) and its outrageous tough guy lines but it wasn’t too much of a love story. My biggest disappointment were the special effects. It didn’t look real. I’m pretty sure some video games nowadays have more realistic explosions and smoke etc. Over all IMO not bad

Saw Midway last nite, other than a few ott cliche's & some dodgy cgi my friends and I treated it as a lads night out and thoroughly enjoyed it. Regards Paul

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    Just got back from the theater. Overall it wasn’t as bad as I expected. The wife liked it. It had its historical inaccuracies (highly expected) and its outrageous tough guy lines but it wasn’t too much of a love story. My biggest disappointment were the special effects. It didn’t look real. I’m pretty sure some video games nowadays have more realistic explosions and smoke etc. Over all IMO not bad
    Yep the CGI on the trailers looks really cheap.

To be honest the Wifey actually pointed out "Midway" to me! and ya get that once and awhile!!!

......well, 5 pages, 46 posts and (eventually) 2 reviews....thank you you two.......

Movies are massive financial investments....and a small group of the potential (picky) audience (us) want them to be accurate factual accounts....so that's about 5% of the possible audience sorted....Movie companies want the remaining 95%...so they'll spread their net a tad wider.....movie companies aren't charities after all. I guess we'd prefer it if this film was called "relationships, love, gung-ho-ness (?) and average CGI based loosely on the Battle of Midway"...but I suspect that ain't gonna happen :-)

...someone once said to me after the "Pearl Harbour" movie that, statistically, there MUST have been romances formed and interupted during the war...afterall, they happened on the Titanic! (mmmm, like Germany DID use the M47s...and probably in the Ardennes....but not in '44)

Lets see.....

Hey Ade at least I gave a review (of sorts) on "Danger Close" hey!

Danger Close (2019) - IMDb

Official Trailer from Danger Close (2019)
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-15-2019 at 10:00 PM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hey Ade at least I gave a review (of sorts) on "Danger Close" hey!

Danger Close (2019) - IMDb
    Really? Wow, must have missed that plug (x10)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast