Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Militaria collecting-ADDICTION???

Article about: I have a question for all collectors. What do you think about this phrase : "Militaria collecting is an addiction". I think i am ADDICTED to militaria.

?

Default Militaria collecting-ADDICTION???

I have a question for all collectors. What do you think about this phrase : "Militaria collecting is an addiction". I think i am ADDICTED to militaria.

I'd be addicted if i were rich enough!.....

True!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Gunny is clearly in denial, LOLOLOLOL!!!

Ask yourself these simple questions (and yes, I know "you can stop anytime" ;-)

How many hours a day do you spend on WRF?

I'm not going to say, it's unthinkable...

How many hours a day do you spend online looking for more stuff?

I can't talk about that either...

How much do you spend a month on militaria?

I don't want to add it up, it's clearly insane...

When was the last time your wife or significant other was speaking to you but you didn't really listen to a word of it because you were either reading something on here or typing, or reading an ad description or writing the seller?

Luckily on this one, I seem to be experiencing some memory loss also...

If your answers are anything like mine, you're clearly not addicted to militaria! For me it's WWII miltaria, to be more specific WWII German militaria.

I now tell my wife I think of myself as a WWII historian. I just need the occasional trinket for my growing pile of historical rubble... And like MAP says, all good investments, right?

Ok, back to searching for goodies, haven't found anything yet today, but I hope something is in the mail that will get here today ;-)

MAP
    ?

Hmmmm

How many hours a day do you spend on WRF?

Had to hire someone to cut the grass! Shovel the snow, drive the kids to sports. The really painful part is that my office just blocked access to WRF. I think they saw a massive spike in my online time... Now I only log on at home. Massive withdrawal pains right now.

How many hours a day do you spend online looking for more stuff?

My dealer makes weekly house calls

How much do you spend a month on militaria?

I don't count as long as the bills & taxes are paid, and retirement & college funds are funded. The rest is all mine baby!!! I aim for a zero checking account balance each month.

And btw.....that quote from the wife is 100% true!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    True!
    I agree, Adrian is a militaria addict!

JMM
    ?

Correct (as any other collecting hobby)