Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Militaria collectors " Big Bang Theory"

Article about: Maybe if I would get more WW2 era stuff than the gas mask, I would get used to it. And the trip to carry the package from the post office to home is always exciting. Except now when the near

Default Re: Militaria collectors " Big Bang Theory"

Maybe if I would get more WW2 era stuff than the gas mask, I would get used to it. And the trip to carry the package from the post office to home is always exciting. Except now when the nearest post office has been shut down and now I have to go to the Pello main town (Which is 25km from here). I go to school there, and the post office is about 3km from the school. At the beginning of the year, I carried the almost 10kg package from the post office to my school where I would take it home in the bus. It was worth the trouble when I opened it up home.

?

It would be nice to have a "new militaria" day each week!

I like to order a big box of militaria a few times a year instead of one item every now and then, makes it so much more exciting to open the package! Yesterday I just ordered two Bundeswehr feldbluses and pants, a G3 pouch and a buttpack for the BW webbing and Scho-Ka-Kola! (Not militaria or anything, but even though it was designed before WW2 to make the tired feeling go away, it is actually really good!)

I think that HPL2008 could qualify as "Sheldon" The mans vast knowledge always amazes me and my appreciation of him sharing this knowledge is always both correct and given freely Thanks

As Poromies said, too much can be a bad thing. After five years of my bedroom being storage for some of my militaria, the smell won't come out. 100 year old leather, 70 year old canvas, rust ground into the carpet, some thick wool cloth items kept in the damp, that weird smell of old ammunition, and gas mask rubber, have left it smelling permanently horrible. I'm used to it, but mom likes to comment on it every now and then, along with a small speech about "wasting my money on that old junk." Meh, it was worth it by far.

For Christmas I get a box of militaria from IMA, and the smell is just amazing. It sits for a while since my parents order it early, so it accumulates a bit. I got WWI era Uhlan leggings, a Bulgarian helmet with leather liner, a German GM38 gas mask, a cold war silk map, and some odds and ends. So weird a Christmas video, me taking a huge whiff of the box when I open it before even paying any attention to the contents.

Well, this was my first helmet...

Stormtroopers, Sturmtruppen? What's the difference..?

Mat
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Last week I recieved a box in the post upon opening it the smell of old canvas was just waiting to escape my wife could smell it a room away .
    I guess i should at least tell you all what was in the box 1956 dated Belgium Dennison jump smock and trousers I just love that smell of age and history.

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by operaman View Post
    I think that HPL2008 could qualify as "Sheldon" The mans vast knowledge always amazes me and my appreciation of him sharing this knowledge is always both correct and given freely Thanks
    You're welcome and many thanks in return.

(Although, truth be told, I have always identified much more with Leonard.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2