Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Militaria dealer..

Article about: by Paul E ...try buying from some of the Russian guys !! Yeah, I've noticed their prices lately mate... outrageous!

Default Re: Militaria dealer..

His Chinese PPK is interesting.

It is not a German export model as he implies - I don't think western countries were making weapons for communist China in the 1950s.

The gun is actually quite interesting historically as I think that it was made using machinery sold to the Chinese by the USSR having removed it from the Walther factory after WW2.

Quite a rare gun to see in the West I suspect.

Richie

If it is of the same quality as the Dnepr motorcycles are...I would pass on that one too! ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by talltom View Post
    just checked again because of steve and harry and i see he has a GPMG why, how and who deactivated a gpmg is a damn big question we need them .
    deactivate an sa80 cos they are crap but a gpmg that is just stupid imo of course

tom
    They only deactivate the clapped-out crap. It fetches more than if just melted down. As for the other replies, I never had the pleasure of firing the GPMG. I only ever got to use the 7.62 BREN.

harry wound't mind firing the bren always thought it looked cool but the gpmg is just brill to fire
    if you look at the gpmg it looks brand new my one is more used than that and mine is prety much brand new theres is suppossady 70s dated

tom

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    lol jimpy you should see what sort of random shit we ram in there if we lose the RMP

tom
    Been there Tom

I did 8.5 years TA, (1981>1991)
    4.5 of it infantry and of that I was an SF Gunner/Fire Controller for just over 4 years!!
    Oh yes, I've done my time with a Jimpy and SF kit mate!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Look how he placed this pilot helmet to the mannequin's head lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Just found another very suspect militaria dealer... Kriegsmarine Plus

Some of this guys stock is vastly overpriced, particularly his relic items!! He's got a battlefield recovered lid for a whopping £85!!! Another is a suspect looking 'SS' relic lid for a mind boggling £200!!!

But, some of his worst items are his aircraft relics! He's got pieces from the Eston JU88, including a Luftwaffe belt buckle!! There is absolutely no way on earth that the belt buckle was recovered from that crash site.... no way at all!

The next piece is an interesting board of Lancaster relics. Now I'm sure I seen this exact board being offered at Stoneleigh earlier this year... and it was described as 'relics from JB659'. Now, it's turned up as 'relics from DV401'!!!! Something tells me that this has been deliberately changed due to the storm caused by the selling of JB659 relics! Most worrying of all on this board is the RAF cap badge. I may be wrong here, but there shouldn't have even been a cap badge onboard this flight. All very suspect to me!

KRIEGSMARINE PLUS

I'd steer well clear of this guy!

?

Quote by Johnny-D View Post
    Just found another very suspect militaria dealer... Kriegsmarine Plus

Some of this guys stock is vastly overpriced, particularly his relic items!! He's got a battlefield recovered lid for a whopping £85!!! Another is a suspect looking 'SS' relic lid for a mind boggling £200!!!

But, some of his worst items are his aircraft relics! He's got pieces from the Eston JU88, including a Luftwaffe belt buckle!! There is absolutely no way on earth that the belt buckle was recovered from that crash site.... no way at all!

The next piece is an interesting board of Lancaster relics. Now I'm sure I seen this exact board being offered at Stoneleigh earlier this year... and it was described as 'relics from JB659'. Now, it's turned up as 'relics from DV401'!!!! Something tells me that this has been deliberately changed due to the storm caused by the selling of JB659 relics! Most worrying of all on this board is the RAF cap badge. I may be wrong here, but there shouldn't have even been a cap badge onboard this flight. All very suspect to me!

KRIEGSMARINE PLUS

I'd steer well clear of this guy!
    Johnny whilst everyone is entitled to their opinions on Miltaria and dealers with regards to Mick from Kriegsmarine Plus i must come to his defence here . I will start by saying he is a close personal friend but became so through my Militaria collecting , he is one of the most honest and trustworthy dealers on the on the UK Militaria circuit and one of the few i ever buy from as my policy is that once i've been burned or some one i know has been burned i never buy from them again . I have been buying from Mick for over 20 years as he is one of the top guys around , he has been in the collecting militaria game for over 40 years and has great knowledge and experience particulary involving badges !!

Yes sometimes he is pricey but who isn't these days . That said £200 for a Relic SS is not expensive nor is £85 for a Battlefield relic , manyt items he sells relic wise are from my own digging trips on the Ostfront but he has very good contacts with diggers in Germany so there is no problems with his relic stuff.

Aircraft bits i cannot comment on as it's not my field but i know for certain that Mick was not at Stoneleigh.

As i say it's all about opinions but as far as steering clear goes i recommend the opposite,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul,

Of course it's a matter of opinion mate, but £85 for a relic helmet is very pricey... if not double the price what it should be.

The aircraft stuff is not correct, even if it wasn't the piece I seen at Stoneleigh (which I'm certain it is... although can't be 100% certain), it's still wrong. I'd suggest that some pieces on the board may be original, but the cap badge and the belt buckle... no chance! They've been added to make the relics more appealing.

I'm not trying to smear anyone's name here, but I do feel it's correct to speak out if any one of us feel that something is not right. The market has been flooded by cowboys gathering any old tat together, and claiming it to be something it's not! Relics used to be a safe bet... not any more!

Mick is probably a great guy - that I'm not disputing, but in my opinion, his relic items are overpriced, and not right.

Cheers,
    JD

?

Hi mate,

No problems we all have our own opinions and yours is as valid as anyone else's mate ,as i say aircraft stuff is not my field but as a big digger and relic collector for me the prices of the lids are not excessive try buying from some of the Russian guys !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast