Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Militaria in Italy

Article about: Hello Everyone, I am working and living in Italy until December when I fly back to the US. I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to buy militaria around here. I am traveling to the Mon

Default Militaria in Italy

Hello Everyone,
    I am working and living in Italy until December when I fly back to the US. I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to buy militaria around here. I am traveling to the Monte Cassino Battlefield and I would love to find a store to shop around in and have a good conversation.
    Ciao,
    Thaddeus

?

Any popular battleground is the worst place to find militaria; that's where you get ripped off and have fakes shoved everywhere.

Thank you for the advice!!

Better look at the local flea markets in smaller towns and villages.

I've noticed that in the south of Italy, people are doing their best to forget about World War II... Save for an Italian mess kit and Carcano enbloc bandolier, I found absolutely nothing. People were also oblivious to the network of coastal bunkers dotted all around their region.

If Massimo is still active on this board he can tell you about stuff north of Rome.

Fleamarket is the way to go.
    chris

Thank you all for the advice. I will start looking for some flea markets then!!!