Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

militaria items you don't fancy and would never have in your collection

Article about: by ToxicGas I meant to add that to my list! I never understood the point in 'De-Nazifying' objects that no longer serve a post-war purpose... if you're going to destroy it, why not just thro

Default Re: militaria items you don't fancy and would never have in your collection

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    My favourites

Nick
    They are your favorites because you collect EKs
    If you collected tunics would you really prefer them to be mint, which would mean that it would be an extra piece hanging in a closet throughout the war?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Default Re: militaria items you don't fancy and would never have in your collection

147 different varieties of one type of war badge/medal etc. (thats a random figure, before you ask)
    Pete

US WWII items, there's just no appeal. I have my grandfathers uniform items that he kept, but that's all I really care to have. German uniforms and medals are much more attractive and have a sort of "artistic" nature to them.

I understand that mint items have much higher market value but I personally just prefer items with history behind them - for example award groups with documents, photos etc.

KZ items and field gear!

Medals and awards in general, apart from the few family ones I have or examples that are part of a grouping. I try to educate myself about the subject of course, but owning them just has no interest for me whatsoever. Most allied ones are post-war made anyway, so they are pretty much 'anecdotal', and German awards are, for the most part, just plain ugly

Rob

Black traditional SS DD helmet..

I dont like SS, SA, HJ.... just dont appeal to me... nothing against those who collect it.

Also dont like camp stuff.

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    I dont like SS, SA, HJ.... just dont appeal to me... nothing against those who collect it.

Also dont like camp stuff.
    as in handbags etc? Sorry, Its Friday, poor joke I know

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I am very picky when it comes to ww2 militaria compared to ww1 militaria. I dont like Helmets or fieldgear.

Best regards,
    Pat

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast