Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

militaria items you don't fancy and would never have in your collection

Article about: by ToxicGas I meant to add that to my list! I never understood the point in 'De-Nazifying' objects that no longer serve a post-war purpose... if you're going to destroy it, why not just thro

Default Re: militaria items you don't fancy and would never have in your collection

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    you know, I really hate to admit it for some reason, but I somewhat agree. Im not sure if it is just because we live here....but it seems US stuff is plentiful. Some US stuff is great, dont get me wrong....but most of it is just so bland/blahh. Like you've said....there are certain family related items that I hold dearly, but it just doesnt do it for me like the German WW2 items do.

I think cuff titles are a bit ridiculous when it comes to pricing. That is one item I would not buy. And KM stuff doesnt really do it for me either. Monies/currency also

I am surprised everyone is hating on Dogtags! I think the ones with specific units are interesting! This is something kept on the soldier throughout the war...
    Dog tags are a fascininating item. Although I dont collect them I read the posts here with interest.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: militaria items you don't fancy and would never have in your collection

Yeah i like personal items such as dog tags and rings.

This thread is very interesting coz you see how subjective things are. Stuff that someone is collecting with mania and keeping like treasures, are considered trash by other members.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Not desired in a collection as opposed to trash may be more accurate.But a valid point mate.
    Have a good one.

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Not desired in a collection as opposed to trash may be more accurate.But a valid point mate.
    Have a good one.
    Agreed. I just used that word coz i had in mind the saying: ''One man's trash is another man's treasure''.

Nice nickname by the way ''Death''

A hunting mate of Greek linage labled me that years ago.Doom and death
    It's funny how it also fit's my home hobbie.

hehe

My military collecting is pretty much focused on Iron Crosses. Mainly WW1 and before but
    I do have a few representative WW2 pieces. I have no desire at all to collect the 1957 series
    of crosses. Just no appeal at all.

I also draw the line at things dug from graves. Let the dead rest in peace.

If I had the space and the money, I would probably collect more than I do, but
    living in a very small house on a limited budget means collecting small items.
    So crosses work for me.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

This is my main problem in collecting is that I like everything every country every era. I just dont like the little relics that look like rusty parts from a junk yard. Im not a fan of SS and other similar units but they need to be displayed and remembered. -Ben

Many posts that I pretty much agree with. I don't care for dug items which no longer hardly resemble what they originally were. A few others- I would not be much interested in a denazified piece (and yes, as much as I hate to say it, deactivated firearms as well-but this is only because I'm in the US, of course-absolutely understanding and not casting aspersions on those who Do collect such guns in countries where this is the only way to do so!). I don't care to collect a Half of a German dog tag either, simply for the fact that many(but not all, naturally) of these mean that they were taken from a corpse-it's almost impossible to tell, though, which came from which. There's a whole slew of things that I wouldn't be interested in picking up but many other people would and that's just fine with me. Whatever a person's collecting interests are is no problem with me. At one time or another, I've collected just about every type of TR artifact imaginable and everyone's interests are different from the next. Is what makes the collecting hobby so interesting!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast