Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Militarische Antiquitaten, Luxembourg

Article about: Hi, Has anyone had any dealings with Militarische Antiquitaten in Luxembourg? militarische.com Does anyone know if they are a legit dealer? Apart from their website I can't find any informat

Default Militarische Antiquitaten, Luxembourg

Hi,

Has anyone had any dealings with Militarische Antiquitaten in Luxembourg?

militarische.com

Does anyone know if they are a legit dealer?

Apart from their website I can't find any information abouth them, and they only accept bank transfers :/

Many thanks

Nostradamus

Hello, I am a museum curator and have been working in the industry for over 20 years. I have been procuring rare and historical military artifacts from militarische.com for the last 10 years. They are in my humble opinion one of the best in the industry. AAA rating for customer support, shipping and Payment. What I value the most is they go above and beyond to make sure I find what I am looking for even if not listed on there site. With out a doubt I sincerely appreciate the quality of service provided and the contribution they are making to field of historical preservation of Military artifacts. You can catch them in person at the yearly military shows in Europe such as Malvern, Stoneleigh to name a few and the Max Show in United States.

?

Hello, I have to say they may be reputable but I would vet any item you are considering buying on this forum first. With just a quick perusal of the website I found several items of questionable origin like the fake Christmas ornaments and a set of fake SS insignia which were originally listed on the Wittmann site awhile back and now appear here. I am far from an expert but if I'm able to spot several dubious items in a few minutes I would imagine a thorough search of the website may turn up a whole lot more. Just my opinion.

Regards, Al

The Christmas ornaments are by no means fake imho , if that was the case they would not be included in the permanent galleries of some of the most prestigious museums in the world. We have purchased complete box sets from militarische.com over the years and have conducted scientific tests against known examples in government archives in Germany and they tested for 100% match. The other SS insignia you mentioned in our opinion is also not a fake. Its easy to pass judgement with no evidence. You also have to ask yourself that Weitze, Wittmann and militarische.com have been around for over 30 years! Not everyone is perfect but these are some of the best dealers in our industry today !

?

The ornaments have been discussed at length and I believe them to be not only preposterous but fake. Please provide archival evidence or photographs of these Hitler head ornaments and I'll concede to your opinion. As for the integrity of these dealers I am not maligning them just simply stating that they also sell a lot of fakes that have been perpetuated by the collecting community for profit. The mere fact that they have been in business for 30 years does not make them the best dealers but perhaps the most well known.
    Here is the thread I posted regarding the skull and eagle formally for sale by Wittmann and now by militarische.com. The first red flag is the price, A Deschler skull alone retails for about $1200 to $1400 and and Eagle about $800. I suppose these two titans of industry have decided to sell them both for $1.000 out of the goodness of their hearts ?
    I am not trying to be combative just asking that people do not exhibit a blind obedience to the so called masters of the collecting community. Collectors need to be wary of the multitude of fakes on the market.

Regards, Al

M1/52 opinions

MAP
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    The ornaments have been discussed at length and I believe them to be not only preposterous but fake. Please provide archival evidence or photographs of these Hitler head ornaments and I'll concede to your opinion. As for the integrity of these dealers I am not maligning them just simply stating that they also sell a lot of fakes that have been perpetuated by the collecting community for profit. The mere fact that they have been in business for 30 years does not make them the best dealers but perhaps the most well known.
    Here is the thread I posted regarding the skull and eagle formally for sale by Wittmann and now by militarische.com. The first red flag is the price, A Deschler skull alone retails for about $1200 to $1400 and and Eagle about $800. I suppose these two titans of industry have decided to sell them both for $1.000 out of the goodness of their hearts ?
    I am not trying to be combative just asking that people do not exhibit a blind obedience to the so called masters of the collecting community. Collectors need to be wary of the multitude of fakes on the market.

Regards, Al

M1/52 opinions
    Don't forget the Toilet paper...wasn't Whittmann promoting it on one of his videos?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yes of course Walter and Wittmann promoting the edelweiss TP OooooRIGINAL !!!!!! like a pair of carnival barkers.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Yes of course Walter and Wittmann promoting the edelweiss TP OooooRIGINAL !!!!!! like a pair of carnival barkers.
    They have to be real

Mr. Harvard. In all due respect and not directed at you.

We judge the item and the item alone. Sometimes we get it wrong. But just because a museum (or many) has it on display or a dealer has 30 years of experience does not make them infallible.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Oy Vey....
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

As seen here > Shop-militaria.com - Page 2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

The toilet paper came just in time for this thread as its beginning to stink
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast