Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Military designed items that have run the test of time.

Article about: The good old Zippo lighter, used to light many lucky strikes

What more can you say the humble Jerrycan.

Martin

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    66 Years old and still the most well know fire arm. Will not be surprised if it is still being passed around in another 100 years.
    Attachment 608760
    A 100 years at least mate!... I'll say the good old Lee Enfield which has already passed the 100 year mark!.....

?

The good old Britsh Army hexi cooker!! I have spent many hour staring into the flames!! "Hexi TV" thats what we used to call it.. no licence required!!! Cheers Terry. $_12.jpg

?

Hey Paul Mr K wants to keep his finger away from the trigger in that firing position!!! Safety catch off too.. naughty boy he is!!!! lol. Cheers Terry.

200000000025085-1.jpg

Good old super tough Bundeswehr boots, i've got a pair exactly the same as these which i bought in 1977 when i was 17, i'm still wearing them now but they've been resoled a few times!...

Quote by Tango View Post
    Hey Paul Mr K wants to keep his finger away from the trigger in that firing position!!! Safety catch off too.. naughty boy he is!!!! lol. Cheers Terry.
    He'll be off his nut on vodka!...

Browning .50 cal HMG-to be honest the M1911 pistol, while produced and carried in large numbers, has never been a primary combat weapon like the .50 has ever since it's introduction as an AA, light AT, Air to Air etc etc MG.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...7oaJ2u4mMWKvAg Lewis Gun-Imperial Stormtroopers using it 'a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away'-still in use during WW2....

Good calls fella's.
    Agreed with the .50 cal. Lithgow a fine multi purpose weapon but the 1911A1 was possibly one of the most capable military sidearms ever designed for the purpose of stopping a man in his tracks. It's all about that nasty little low velocity .45APC round IMO. One hit and your messed up badly.
    That's why those who faced the Thompson SMG feared them greatly, it could turn you into mince meat real fast. The Japanese targeted Australians carrying Thompsons for this reason early in the SWP battles.
    Many US servicemen cringed when the US military went over to the 9mm Beretta back in the 80's. Lost a people stopper for a hole driller.
    I'm happy with the old 1911A1 for sure.

Keep them coming Gents

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast