Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

missing members

Article about: evening all ,i was just thinking about forum members on here that i used to speak to quite alot and not heard from for quite some time , the members are moaning minie and hellschickie does a

My knowledge is in a limited area, mainly H.J. cloth insignia. Not a lot of material is posted in that section, but when it is and I can contribute there I post.

?

Adrian is correct of course Myself I have been working away from home in Northern Canada again in the Oil and gas sector so I am only home for one week out of every eight and there is limited internet access were I work .
    I as well have not been able to get a hold of member CBH for the last four weeks through private message or Emails.

Regards Mark K

Yeah, same goes for myself with the Summer going on and football practice every day. So it's a struggle just to have the energy to do anything lately.

Sometimes I'm here more active for a couple of months and then I take some months break. Collecting is expensive, especially for a young guy like me and I need to have money for other uses at times, so I don't come here then almost at all, so I don't get tempted to but something neat lol.

Nights are getting colder and darker here too. You should see how little sunlight we get during the winter.

One of the drawbacks of being on an International (or sometimes even the same country as well) is that people you get to know fairly well and "speak" with on it can suddenly Vanish. Where they go to is a sometimes never to be solved mystery. Car accident? Sudden catastrophic illness? Police arrest? Or maybe just a sudden fed-up with and total change of hobby interests. Loss of computer or internet connection? How is one ever to know if someone they only know as "Svein" somewhere in Northern Sweden suddenly dropped over or was even killed by accident or otherwise? It's doubtful anyone would ever contact you-if they even Had someone who would think of it, how would they know who to get a hold of? Once in a Very great while, you'll see someone post on a Forum and say something like "I was Svein's brother/friend/spouse, etc and just wanted you all to know that Svein passed away last night, etc etc" but this is a Rare occasion. In most cases, if there is a family or someone to do it, they are far more involved in the immediate taking care of things and internet acquaintances of the unfortunate person on the other side of the planet are the farthest thing from their minds, so you just never do find out at all. It may be a good things for everyone here to do, though, and that is Tell Someone "If I drop over dead tomorrow, Go on the internet and let my friends Know! Here is the IP address and here is how you do it!" Very few people ever Think of things like this (Who likes to dwell on their own mortality anyway?) but it's just something we all have to deal with at one point or another in our lives-and hopefully, we'll Have time to do so, which, again, is why final instructions are always so important. Just one of the not so great side effects of the Computer Age, I guess.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

My shifts at work change over the summer, and I can then enjoy evenings
    at home with my wife. I do not see her on weeknights during the other
    ten months, so we try to spend as much time together as possible.
    There are other hobbies that take me away from the Forum
    for a while as well, such as camping and fishing.

One member I used to talk to quite often was 'Pammy' from Delaware,
    and I fear she became fatally ill a year or so ago. I've emailed her
    former address several times with no replies.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Steve.

I'm pretty much always here, for better or worse..... god I need a holiday soon

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    My shifts at work change over the summer, and I can then enjoy evenings
    at home with my wife. I do not see her on weeknights during the other
    ten months, so we try to spend as much time together as possible.
    There are other hobbies that take me away from the Forum
    for a while as well, such as camping and fishing.

One member I used to talk to quite often was 'Pammy' from Delaware,
    and I fear she became fatally ill a year or so ago. I've emailed her
    former address several times with no replies.........
    Really? I noticed, she mentioned in some posts that was not felling well and sorts.
    What happened exactly?

She'd been in a car accident, and was in and out of hospital with infections
    as I recall. Each time seemed worse than the last.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    She'd been in a car accident, and was in and out of hospital with infections
    as I recall. Each time seemed worse than the last.........
    I was unware of that, she never replyed again to your emails?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast