Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

That moment when a researcher lites that cigar!!!!!

Article about: Hello Gent's Since 2009 i have been researching the Crew of my Uncle Joe's(Tailgunner) B17. The "Mrs Geezil"! Shot down on a Schweinfurt mission on April 13th 1944. I found everybo

?

Default That moment when a researcher lites that cigar!!!!!

Hello Gent's
    Since 2009 i have been researching the Crew of my Uncle Joe's(Tailgunner) B17. The "Mrs Geezil"! Shot down on a Schweinfurt mission on April 13th 1944. I found everybody except the Pilot and the Bombardier. This very evening. I get and email from the Daughter of the Pilot. Thanking me for my comments I left over 2 years ago on the "find a grave" site.... I found where he was from, I called all the people on the list for his last name and in the area. Hours and days with NOTHING!!! No more leads! Then today I get that email that just had me so excited to speak with his daughter. She mentioned she had his diary he keep while a POW . I Can't wait to here back!!!!!!
    I hope my fellow researchers can see that there might be a light at the end of that tunnel. I SEE IT!!!!!
    Semper Fi and thanks for putting up with my rambling!!!!!

I Found Him Phil!!!!!

Wow, good news for you.
    I hope she comes through with lots of information for you.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Wow, good news for you.
    I hope she comes through with lots of information for you.
    Thanks Greg!!
    This is fantastic news to me. She added how great her father was so I'm hoping that they had a great relationship and she has kept all his items. I guess I'm dreaming here. Don't wake me up yet!!!OK!!!But I will be happy just to hear the stories about the man!!!! He did stay in and retired as Colonel in the early 70's. So this will be some great info to add to my Binders and files of this Gent's!!!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I sent her a pic of him with my uncle and the other crew. I hope this starts an avalanche of info!!!

Congratulations on your success! I've always felt that the research is one of the most rewarding and gratifying aspects of the collecting experience...Another piece of the puzzle comes together...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Thanks Glenn. I'm glad to hear that their are others that find this part, as almost reaching a Zen state.
    I don't think I will hear from her tonight. The family was from the upper east coast. So I guess tomorrow will tell!!!!
    I'll keep this one up to date!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Poke....poke...time to wake up Phil and go to work

Just busting on you. That is fantastic news and you must feel a great bit of satisfaction of piecing together a bit of history so no one forgets.

I have an early DD m35 I picked up from the son of a vet. I tried at the request of the son to find out where he served and what battles he was in but no luck...so I know the frustration...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I'm west coast Micheal and still have time before I work tomorrow!!!! , Maybe just try to get his name/where he enlisted and DOB and then look for his service records to find where he was at in the ETO. You might not be able to tie it down to what battle he picked it up in . But you will know where it might have come from!
    Just my 2 centavos.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

This is what I got

US Serviceman's history
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great news Phil, I look forward to hearing an update!! Leon.

Terrific news! Thanks for bringing the history and memories alive!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast