Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

That moment when a researcher lites that cigar!!!!!

Article about: Hello Gent's Since 2009 i have been researching the Crew of my Uncle Joe's(Tailgunner) B17. The "Mrs Geezil"! Shot down on a Schweinfurt mission on April 13th 1944. I found everybo

Un-seen History uncovered and brought to light for the first time is very exhilarating...and with that it was that person who brought the missing piece of puzzle to the table. Congratulations Phil on a project just a babys breath away from completion...looking forward to more news and any items the daughter may want to share with you. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Bravo!
    Hard works like yours make the bridge beetween past and present .
    Congratulations from France!

It sounds like a lot of hard work and patience has paid off, well done Phil.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thank you all Gent's. It is paying off. Today I will be getting a copy of his wartime diary and flight log. His POW diary will follow. It seems that my subject survived being shot down,being captured, starving in a POW camp, making it to the Rank of full bird Colonel only to die of a heart attack on his way back from training in Ohio going to his AF base in Alaska where he was Deputy Commander. The MP's packed his stuff and sent it to the lower 48 but they never got his uniforms or his awards. The family will be scanning the pics they have of him and those will follow. I'll post them when I get them!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Today His daughter sent me copies of the POW diary. He was in Luft Stalag III. I have to say this guy also had some artistic talent as his drawings are very well done and for the situation he was in, very humorous. 2 pages of his favorite food and how he liked his eggs and ham. Just so many thoughts of the food that they were not getting. His interrogations, letters from the Red cross from his father asking if he was OK. The senior officer of the camp and his directives. The daughter also told me about where and when the AF sent him. In the pic's there is him as a 2nd Lt, his POW ID, post war Dress mess. Just fantastic pic's and also a great read. Once I have her permission to post them here. I will. This I Promise.
    This guy flew B17's during WW2, post war, cargo then B47's and B52's and then flew MAC flights to and from Vietnam. A Senior Command Pilot!!!! This is Just awesome!!!! It looks like I will need a another binder for this stuff!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2