MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Most convincing 'Nazi' in films

Article about: I have to disagree, the film it's self was a disappointment- I really like Ed Harris though

?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Oskar Werner (Decision Before Dawn) as Cpl. Karl Maurer aka "Happy".

(-PIC-)

Taka
    The largely forgotten Oskar Josef Bschließmayer a.k.a. Oskar Werner is one of my favourite actors.

He was an opponent to the Nazi regime, but was finally forced to put on a uniform.
    Supposedly he married an actress who was Jewish on one side of her family (their daughter was born in '44) and got in more trouble because of that. In the latter days of the War, they had to hide out in the woods outside of Vienna from both Germans and the Russians.

Sadly he got more and more depressed and started to drink (even) more and after his differences with Truffaut during the filming of 'Farenheit 451.'

A fantastic actor and role in that movie. Farenheit is one of my favourite movies as well (but then Im also a Science Fiction afficinado and Ray Bradbury fan). Ive lost track of how many times, Ive seen it.

A milestone of a movie, though not many seem to watch it anymore. None that I know of anyways.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Agreed. Conrad is by far my favorite character in Battle of the Bulge.
    Ditto.

Shaw might be a capable actor and played as directed in the spirit of the time. He can hardly be faulted for that and I kind of like him as an actor (who doesnt remember his loatsome character in the 'The Sting').
    Some movie characters stand the test of time, but Shaws role in BOTB is in retrospect one of those roles, which today is almost a parody or a joke on how Nazi toughs and Prussian officers were perceived.

Fonda is not bad in the movie. In fact Fonda is good on a bad day!
    Even in the stinker of a movie 'Once Upon A Time In The West' (which is one of the most overrated movies EVER!), Fonda acts well.

But Blech is by far the best most succesful character and the one with most 'depth' or layers in that movie.
    Conrad is clearly fed up with it all and just wants to go home after having seen a lot of action in the War.

Quote by Scout View Post
    The largely forgotten Oskar Josef Bschließmayer a.k.a. Oskar Werner is one of my favourite actors.

A fantastic actor and role in that movie. Farenheit is one of my favourite movies as well (but then Im also a Science Fiction afficinado and Ray Bradbury fan). Ive lost track of how many times, Ive seen it.

A milestone of a movie, though not many seem to watch it anymore. None that I know of anyways.
    I read the novel and watched the movie when I was in Grade 12 (summer school), the scene that I remembered the most is that he was at the park and a guy was hugging himself, lol!

Regards,
    Taka

Hans Christian Blech played a brilliant part in 08/15, the film is well worth watching too!...

12264.jpg

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Hans Christian Blech played a brilliant part in 08/15, the film is well worth watching too!...
    He looks like R. Lee Ermey of post war Germany in that poster.

I was for some reason reminded of SHOT, where I had the pleasure of shaking the hand of Ermey and briefly chat.

Quote by Scout View Post
    He looks like R. Lee Ermey of post war Germany in that poster.
    Suffice it to say that Blech's Wachtmeister Platzek and Ermey's Gunnery Sergeant Hartman are equally cuddly characters...

?

I wasnt far off then.

Of course Gunny likes Gunny

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Conspiracy is a very good movie, it sends shivers up your spine.
    I've watched it several times. I went downstairs and grabbed Nuremburg, Conspiracy and Downfall, I'll watch the other two today. I just watched Schindlers List again not long ago so I'll give it a pass. These 4 movies are amount my favorite movies about the period in part because of the tour de force performances given.

Dibujo3.jpg

I think in this film the actor who plays Hitler is really good.

Dibujo1.jpg

and the secondary actors too.

Dibujo2.jpg

i disagree ant ,too wooden

?

I agree. A bit stilted.

Clearly, he has seen 'Der Untergang,' as he mimicks several of Bruno Ganz' mannerisms from that movie.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast