Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Most convincing 'Nazi' in films

Article about: I have to disagree, the film it's self was a disappointment- I really like Ed Harris though

It's understandable as this was his first major acting gig. I understand he was a painter by trade.

OTT performance, unrealistic in my opinion...

michael_mendl_kino_untergang_3.jpg

Michael Mendl as General Weidling in Downfall!... "I am to be shot."

Maximillian Schell Young Lions Hptmn Hardenberg.pngMaximilian-Schell X of Iron Hptmn Stransky.jpgmaximilian-schell-in-a-bridge-too-far-(1977)-large-picture.jpgJust happened upon this thread and enjoying it very much.

Whether it be portrayal of an actual character or a fictional stereotype a favourite of mine is Maximillian Schell in films such as The young Lions - Hauptmann Hardenberg, The Cross of Iron - Hauptmann Stransky or A Bridge Too Far - General der SS Wilhelm Bittrich and loads more. He just carries the persona off so well!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

This officer made an unforgettable impression upon me when this first came out in 1982,, in this movie of Sophies choice Starring Meryl Streep
    Youtube clip below.

Sophie's Choice | "The Choice" - YouTube
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I thought Amon Goeth was horrible in Schindlers list..this guy in 5 minutes of the Video..just equaled the verocity and meanness of these SS animals. This guy played his part so well I hated him for along time. he played a real Pr**k very well.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    This officer made an unforgettable impression upon me when this first came out in 1982,, in this movie of Sophies choice Starring Meryl Streep
    Youtube clip below.

Sophie's Choice | "The Choice" - YouTube
    I've never seen that film, you're right he does make an impression!...

I believe the Actors name was Günther Maria Halmer..who played Rudolf Hoess the camp commander...correct me if I am wrong.

Up until Bruno Ganz's portrayal of AH in Downfall, I thought the most convincing portrayal was Anthony Hopkins' performance in the 1981 TV movie, "The Bunker."

If any of you have not seen it, I highly recommend it (along with reading the book by the same name that it is based on).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

One of my favorite character actors is the English actor Brian Cox.
    IMO, he was at his finest playing Goering in "Nuremburg" (2000).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast