Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Most convincing 'Nazi' in films

Article about: I have to disagree, the film it's self was a disappointment- I really like Ed Harris though

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Although BOTB, was a good film, I felt that Shaws portrayal of a typical "Nazi" was too Hollywood, and again Blech was a very worthwhile supporting actor which helped to keep the situation enjoyable, I understand that Hans Landa in Inglorious Bastards, hated the part and has refused to ever play another similar role, which I can fully understand, there are some roles which despite money, can give someone a bad reputation , I once attended a casting for a Crime watch type programme , all I was told was it was to play a criminal, this pimply little school kid of a second director told me I had the part without even saying anything, then told me I was to play a child molester because I looked like one,after nearly tearing this guys head off I walked off the casting and refused to work for the agency again
    I have to disagree re: "Battle of the Bulge." Just an awful travesty, and i loved those shots of the Spanish plains that looked so much like wintertime Belgium.
    I do agree that Shaw's portryal was very much a " Nazi" stereotype, and typical of the excrable performances in this steaming pile of a film.

BobS

?

Not a "Nazi" as such, but I believe James Mason's portrayal of GFM Rommel in "The Desert Fox " was understated, and well done.
    I have to say that Fiennes as Amon Goth is very tough to beat.

BobS

Quote by BobS View Post
    I have to disagree re: "Battle of the Bulge." Just an awful travesty, and i loved those shots of the Spanish plains that looked so much like wintertime Belgium.
    I do agree that Shaw's portryal was very much a " Nazi" stereotype, and typical of the excrable performances in this steaming pile of a film.

BobS
    For being made in 1965...I thought it was done well. The lack of supporting reference..to add to the realism...was nothing compared to 40 yrs later after much more reference and artifacts surfaced.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Christoph Waltz as Colonel Landa of 'Inglourious Basterds'
    was quite the character, also Ed Harris as Major Konig of
    'Enemy At The Gates', but I've always thought the
    interrogating SS Officer in 'The Guns Of Navarone'
    was a cruel SOB.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 01-14-2014 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Additional text and pics.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

How about the creepy Gestapo officer from Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Quote by DougB View Post
    How about the creepy Gestapo officer from Raiders of the Lost Ark?
    Now that's a good pick - nice one

?

Yup, I think we've got a winner here,

Attachment 628733

Attachment 628734

Attachment 628736

Perhaps not the 'most convincing', but definitely creepy.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I agree with Major Koenig Steve, I think Ed harris pulled that off well!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast