Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Most convincing 'Nazi' in films

Article about: I have to disagree, the film it's self was a disappointment- I really like Ed Harris though

Is there a movie title for the above photos? All I see is a dirty faced man..with a nicely cleaned and pressed uniform.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' (3rd Indiana J film).

?

Wolfgang Preiss, brilliant as the U-Boat commander in the 1957 film Haie und kleine Fische, and played countless military roles through to Generalleutnant Max Pemsel in "The Longest Day" and von Rundstedt in "Bridge too Far"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Of course, Wolfgang Preiss had lots of experience playing German Third Reich-era officers, as he actually started playing them in German UFA movies made during the Third Reich. Early roles included the Luftwaffe officers Oberleutnant von Etzdorf in Die große Liebe (1942) and Staffelarzt Dr. Wagner in Besatzung Dora (1943)...

I didn't see that anyone mentioned one of my all-time favorite actors: Hardy Krüger.
    He appeared in "The One that Got Away", "A Bridge Too Far"; "The Secret of Santa Vittoria", and my personal favorite, the 1965 version of Flight of the Phoenix.

Interestingly enough, during the TR, he attended an AHS school; served with the 38th SS Division; and even acted in a wartime movie, "Junge Adler":
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Default Marathon man 1976

Laurence Olivier in Marathon Man (1976) played the part of Dr. Christian Szell a former Nazi prison doctor and war crimminal

he was so convincing, I thought he was German, he's a British actor

Dr. Christian Szell aka 'Der weisse Engel' (The White Angel) was a former Nazi dentist at Auschwitz Concentration Camp (inspired by Josef Mengele, the last doctor in charge of Auschwitz II).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nWWM8tTn84

"Laurence Olivier in Marathon Man (1976) played the part of Dr. Christian Szell a former Nazi prison doctor and war criminal"

"Is it Safe??"
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    "Is it Safe??"
    What makes that scene so effective (apart from Olivier's and Hoffmann's ever-brilliant acting) is that we, the audience, can realistically imagine what it would feel like to be the subject of Dr. Szell's interrogation methods.

Luckily, most of us will never know what it feels like to be, say, beaten with a bull whip or burnt with a red-hot iron, but everybody knows what it feels like to be on the receiving end of dental instruments.

No graphic bloodshed here whatsoever, but still one of the most cringeworthy torture scenes in cinematic history.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I didn't see that anyone mentioned one of my all-time favorite actors: Hardy Krüger.
    He appeared in "The One that Got Away", "A Bridge Too Far"; "The Secret of Santa Vittoria", and my personal favorite, the 1965 version of Flight of the Phoenix.

Interestingly enough, during the TR, he attended an AHS school; served with the 38th SS Division; and even acted in a wartime movie, "Junge Adler":
    Ahh he wasn't a nasty one, but I Love his parts from what I've seen of him

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast