Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The movie Eichmann.

Article about: I've often wished for a World History book that was totally unbiased-from neither the Winners or from the Losers points of view, but rather one that just flat out told all of the happenings

Default The movie Eichmann.

Although it was released a few years ago, I watched it for the first time earlier.
    It was a good movie to watch if your interested in the later war years catching the criminals.

One scene that disturbed me was Eichmann in Hungary I think, shot a small baby only a few weeks old at point blank range in the head.
    Very disturbing scene that happened according the account of one of his securities.
    If you have not seen this movie I would recommend watching it. It is on the men and movie channel if you have sky. If not it should be cheap to buy on amazon or eBay.

Default Re: The movie Eichmann.

An interesting move for sure, i obtained my digital copy from a privateer source lol

?

Yes a good Movie and as you Stated disturbing in places , the guy who played him did a excellent job of portraying him.

Greg

Haven't actually seen it myself but according to several reviews I've read by seemingly knowledgeable reviewers it's filled with inaccuracies and sensationalistic nonsense. It also holds poor overall scores on sites such as imdb and rotten tomatoes. Seems like another spiced up Nazi portrayal to me... what a shame.

?

I haven't seen the movie but I will try to get a hold of a copy.

@slados28 - If eichmann didn't do it, I'm sure someone, somewhere else did something comparable - nothing can 'spice-up' the nazis I'm afraid.

They are unsavoury enough as it is.

Quote by DioMac View Post
    I haven't seen the movie but I will try to get a hold of a copy.

@slados28 - If eichmann didn't do it, I'm sure someone, somewhere else did something comparable - nothing can 'spice-up' the nazis I'm afraid.

They are unsavoury enough as it is.
    Funny you should say that Mac, i was on an Oskar Schindler tour in Krakow and i asked the guide if Amon Göth was as bad as he'd been made out to be in Schildlers list, he just shook his head and grinned and said "far worse".

I watched it via Apple TV HD download. Stephen Fry's comical Israeli English accent was a bit off-putting but I agree a pretty convincing portrayal of Eichmann based on his interrogation transcripts. I liked the scene where Eichmann switched food plates with his guards, a great choice by the writers to include this little scene of paranoia.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Funny you should say that Mac, i was on an Oskar Schindler tour in Krakow and i asked the guide if Amon Göth was as bad as he'd been made out to be in Schildlers list, he just shook his head and grinned and said "far worse".
    There was a documentary some time ago in which Göth's daughter met up with his former Jewish housemaid and sex-slave it made for very uncomfortable viewing.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    An interesting move for sure, i obtained my digital copy from a privateer source lol
    Software piracy is plain and simple theft and shouldn't be condoned.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    It's something to keep in mind at all times Gunny mate. We like to collect items for their historicity, but to use the oft qouted Nietzsche line 'He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you'.

I've said it before and I continue to think it's paramount for we collectors of all persuasions. It's imperative that in the collecting process, one does not forget what is behind the item. Whatever it may be.

Quote by DioMac View Post
    It's something to keep in mind at all times Gunny mate. We like to collect items for their historicity, but to use the oft qouted Nietzsche line 'He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you'.

I've said it before and I continue to think it's paramount for we collectors of all persuasions. It's imperative that in the collecting process, one does not forget what is behind the item. Whatever it may be.
    Well said Mac, i couldn't agree more!.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast