Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My 4000th post and a TV tribute

Article about: I wanted to show something interesting for my 4000th post ...... but the mailman has been delayed so I thought I'd do a tribute to a favourite show of mine - Hogan's Heroes!! Yes, I know my

All the best Dan!...

Congratulations, Dan- That's a creative way to celebrate your Milestone, well done! Your contributions to the Forum are very much appreciated, and it's an honor for me to be associated with such dedicated gentlemen in our common endeavor...
    cheers, Glenn

Allow me to second Glenn's statement.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Congratulations, Dan- That's a creative way to celebrate your Milestone, well done! Your contributions to the Forum are very much appreciated, and it's an honor for me to be associated with such dedicated gentlemen in our common endeavor...
    cheers, Glenn
    Aww, shucks Glenn ....... I'm blushing! ( and going by my avatar photo that's pretty hard to do )

Thanks guys, on behalf of all us lonely collectors in the great southern land, international appreciation is .......... uh ........... appreciated!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Nice cool idea Dan especially us that grew up with Hogans Heros brings back memories. timothy

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I read it was a pasteboard copy the prop department made. The 'gilt' chinstrap was gold painted cardboard too.
    However, consensus is that Schultz' M40 DD helmet was the real McCoy!!

I haven't seen Hogan's Heroes in many years, but if memory serves (and I am getting older so I can't be sure) Schultz' lid was an M42. I could be wrong, Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I haven't seen Hogan's Heroes in many years, but if memory serves (and I am getting older so I can't be sure) Schultz' lid was an M42. I could be wrong, Jim G.
    Ned should know Jim ...LOL

If a M42 the tricolor is fake but to me it looks a rolled edge rather than flared.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images

well done dan ,onwards and upwards mate , i always like your light hearted attitude when delivering good solid knowledge,now the big question ,how many relic stahlhelms do you have on the shelf now ?i think it was around the 30 mark when i last asked
    Regards James

Congrats Dan - well done, though it has disillusioned me somewhat...I always assumed the haube was genuine because of the time that the series was made - never really looked at it properly <hangs head in shame>.

Quote by James C View Post
    well done dan ,onwards and upwards mate , i always like your light hearted attitude when delivering good solid knowledge,now the big question ,how many relic stahlhelms do you have on the shelf now ?i think it was around the 30 mark when i last asked
    Ah, the helmet quota has been filled James. We moved earlier this year to the country and what disposable income I had was quickly absorbed ( those that have moved know what I mean )
    That and having to pack up a collection makes you wonder at this obsession we share.
    So I am looking for other less bulky trinkets to covet ......

Thanks for the kind words chaps ........
    Cheers, Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2