MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Grandpa the Battle Vetern of the Pacific

Article about: My condolences to you and your family. Another hero gone. RIP Cheers, Ade.

Default My Grandpa the Battle Vetern of the Pacific

After 93 years of living, my grandpa has passed on today. He like so many WWII Vets are vanishing everyday.

He served in the Pacific with the 7th Fleet as a 20mm Anti-Aircraft gunner for the U.S.N.. He started out in Guadalcanal and made his last invasion at Okinawa. Somehow, after being in heavy combat for years, he was never wounded! He told me things about the Pacific and its Hell. I'm sure i only heard 1/1000th of his trials and tribulations from '42-'45.

I will miss him.

Default Re: My Grandpa the Battle Vetern of the Pacific

He was a true American hero, God bless him and your family.

Regards,
    Corey

Quote by octavian View Post
    After 93 years of living, my grandpa has passed on today. He like so many WWII Vets are vanishing everyday.

He served in the Pacific with the 7th Fleet as a 20mm Anti-Aircraft gunner for the U.S.N.. He started out in Guadalcanal and made his last invasion at Okinawa. Somehow, after being in heavy combat for years, he was never wounded! He told me things about the Pacific and its Hell. I'm sure i only heard 1/1000th of his trials and tribulations from '42-'45.

I will miss him.
    Sorry to hear this Octavian. Am sure he was a good man and will be sorely missed. Yes not too many left it seems. We owe them a lot.

Our time is running out with them, my great uncle is in critical condition and has just had a triple bypass at age 88, I fear he wont make it. He to was in the pacific, but as a marine and the only to live in his platoon after Iwo... I found out about his condition when I went to visit for his birthday and he wasn't home
    Sorry to hear of your loss
    -Ben

Cherish the time You got to spend with him and record the stories he told so they are not lost when you are gone. He certainly knows eternal peace now.

Indeed a true Hero. God Bless.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you all for your kind words. That means a lot to me.

Yet another one gone....Time is moving so swift now. We Have to record the tales of these men before they vanish like the Doughboys of the "War to end all Wars". Our Living History books are disappearing now faster than they can be contacted. I'm sitting here as we speak trying to think of Any WWII Vet that I personally know or have met that is still with us today, and, sadly, I can no longer name a single one...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

My heart felt condolences.

?

My condolences and thoughts to you and your family. I hope the happy memories he gave you will ease the sorrow of his passing.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast