Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

My New Website

Article about: Whether or not you are into this type of thing or not, please show a little respect for another collector with an alternative view. Make constructive and objective comments and if you don't

?

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    Just for the heck of it, I offered Randi the same opportunity; I would do everything in front of him with his own psychic present and that if he could disprove that what I do, how I do it and that my positive results are not as I say they are, he would still pay me the million dollars ... He never responded.
    How would he go about proving that you don't have psychic abilities? As psychic abilities aren't widely accepted as credible by the scientific community, doesn't it make sense that the burden of proof should be on the claimant? Please don't take this as a personal insult, but what you've stated here is known as the 'argument from ignorance,' and it's a very old logical fallacy.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    Richard, many thanks for answering my earlier questions, if I might ask another one or two.

How does this all work when what is being investigated is a digital image of an artifact that might have some " energy " associated with the original but how is this carried over to what is a reproduction of the original ? Is there some kind of "energy" transference happening? If that is so would the reproduction as a image of the original artifact still cause an effect with the pendulum over it if the original artifacts were destroyed during the experiment? In am thinking of the scans of the uniform presented by S.Vestae producing an effect even though they are simply reproductions.
    I believe that the best way for me to respond to you is by offering the following example:

Back in 2004 while I was home recovering from a heart valve replacement and one evening while watching a program on television where they were playing games with pendulums, later retiring for the evening. The next day in the mail arrived a packet containing this wood cross (the one that I use) in the form of a key chain. It was from a religious organization and was a blessed cross. After watching the program the evening before, I decided to make a pendulum out of it. I removed the tiny key chain, made a hole in the top connected the piece of cotton string.

Now comes the strange part ... something told me to take the photograph of my daughter, her husband with my father standing between them which was in a frame on the table beside me. I laid it flat and held the pendulum over my daughters head, nothing happened, neither did anything happen when held over my son in laws head; however when I held it over my fathers head it began to rotate. My initial reaction was that the pendulum indicated "death" since my father had been deceased for many years.

Keep in mind now that a photograph is also simply a reproduction.

Applying this to images on a computer or on a television, I had said in an earlier posting that being the pendulum is made of wood and a cotton string is used that it makes it not to be affected by electromagnetic energy or for that matter any outside electrical source; such as the wiring in a house, circuit panels, high tension wires, etc.

Quote by Erno View Post
    How would he go about proving that you don't have psychic abilities? As psychic abilities aren't widely accepted as credible by the scientific community, doesn't it make sense that the burden of proof should be on the claimant? Please don't take this as a personal insult, but what you've stated here is known as the 'argument from ignorance,' and it's a very old logical fallacy.
    The same would also apply to Randy, claiming that all psychics are not as they claim. Even if I were to do what I do in front of him, he can still claim that it is "not proof to his satisfaction"; no matter how successful my evidence is. It will always be a catch 22 situation and he knows that and has set it up that way knowing that he would never have to pay out the money.

An odd subject that stirs many mixed opinions... Speaking for myself, I know that I have, over the years, owned many a skin crawling artifact from battlefield pickups, Holocaust items, and even worse, but I have never, in the slightest, ever had any untoward experiences with any of them and nor have I felt anything of the like about any of them either. Now, a person could say that this only means that I have no "sensitivity" for picking up on such objects, but I would add that I have seen things and experienced occurrences that have literally left me speechless and absolutely unable to explain away with common sense explanations, but they did not involve any of the aforementioned objects or places and had no connection to any of them at all. Maybe I'm somehow immune to such things? Who knows?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

One piece of information that I would like to add concernig a Residual Haunting is that when a residual is recorded it is like a video tape being played back in a looped fashion. An event that has taken place at sometime in the past can be recorded on the head of a rusted nail, nearby where the event had taken place. When the "veil" (atmosphere is right) it is played back. You may ask, how is this possible ? Rust is "iron oxide" and video tape emulsions are composed of tiny particals of iron oxiide.

When I state that residual energy is connected to an artifact, what I should have added is that this energy is picked up by psychics in the form of images that they see or in feelings that they receive or sounds that they hear (in their minds). There have been times when interactive spirits have been connected in conjunction with the residual. There are several excellent examples of this in my book.

?

The same would also apply to Randy, claiming that all psychics are not as they claim. Even if I were to do what I do in front of him, he can still claim that it is "not proof to his satisfaction"; no matter how successful my evidence is. It will always be a catch 22 situation and he knows that and has set it up that way knowing that he would never have to pay out the money.
    Well, Mr. Randi has a prescribed set of credentials that he requires in order to personally acknowledge the existence of a true psychic. I'm not aware of him ever saying that psychics or psychic abilities are unequivocally false, but rather that none have been proven. The burden of proof, as always, is with the claimant and not the person calling them into question. Whether you are attempting to prove the existence of the 'Celestial Teapot' or psychic abilities, the burden is on you to prove it. I'm quite certain that Mr. Randi would be more than happy to be the man who proves that some 'psychics' do indeed have strange and unknown powers.

"I'm quite certain that Mr. Randi would be more than happy to be the man who proves that some 'psychics' do indeed have strange and unknown powers."

James Randi....maybe. Joe Nickell....not a chance..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    "I'm quite certain that Mr. Randi would be more than happy to be the man who proves that some 'psychics' do indeed have strange and unknown powers."

James Randi....maybe. Joe Nickell....not a chance..
    I'm not familiar enough with Joe Nickell to say for certain, but I think that proving the existence of psychics would be very lucrative for either of them.

The problem is that this stuff (and ill make it clear i am not talking about Richard personally) is not harmless, money is involved..peoples sanity,disillusion. The people who mystics,Physics,faith healers etc etc prey on are generally the most vulnerable,organized religions have used the same tactics for time in memoriam.... One of my degrees is in psychology ,the tactics used are rather basic..power of suggestion,etc etc ...if people want a crash course in how to do this,look up NLP,its a basic form of using things like suggestion...people have "gurus" in NLP these days to try to pick up women..Im not debating anyone on here about this..this is the general consensus of the scientific community,in other words, reality

Now comes the strange part ... something told me to take the photograph of my daughter, her husband with my father standing between them which was in a frame on the table beside me. I laid it flat and held the pendulum over my daughters head, nothing happened, neither did anything happen when held over my son in laws head; however when I held it over my fathers head it began to rotate. My initial reaction was that the pendulum indicated "death" since my father had been deceased for many years.

Keep in mind now that a photograph is also simply a reproduction.

Applying this to images on a computer or on a television, I had said in an earlier posting that being the pendulum is made of wood and a cotton string is used that it makes it not to be affected by electromagnetic energy or for that matter any outside electrical source; such as the wiring in a house, circuit panels, high tension wires, etc.
    Thank you Richard for taking the time to further help try and explain this to me.

Would it be true to say that the affect you obtained with the photograph of your family and your father's image in particular was due to your connection with the photo itself and not any "residual" energy from those reproduced in the photograph? It being your photo and the image of your father triggering whatever process is involved by your interation with the photo and father's image that causes the phenomena described.

But I haven't understood how the "residual" energy that by definition "resides in or with" for example the member S.Vestae's uniform jacket is transfered to a reproduction image of the jacket to enable you to detect this residual energy left by the jacket's owner or events linked to the jacket ? Does the photo of the jacket act like a "repeater" to enable you to connect with the residual energy still with the member' s jacket? If that is so, what happens if the jacket is then destroyed is this residual energy also gone with the jacket or will the image reproduction still produce a pendulaum affect?

I have probably not framed my questions in the clearest language but I have done my best given my limited understanding of the concepts and terminolgy involved in the subject but thanks for bearing with me thus far
    Last edited by StefanM; 03-27-2014 at 10:24 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast