Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

My New Website

Article about: Whether or not you are into this type of thing or not, please show a little respect for another collector with an alternative view. Make constructive and objective comments and if you don't

For those that run up the totem pole of Science, just because science has not yet developed the right framework or tools to investigate what is described as paranormal phenomena it does not mean that at some point such tools will not be developed in the future. However it may be that the tools will never be deveopled afterall "Science" has yet even to explain "consciousness" because it cannot be explained entirely by physical events. Although there is research around the idea that consciousness might arise from quantum mechanical phenomena.

Can science explain everything, no. Scientists are human and thus limited by that fact. Science has not been able to explain the existence of the universe...what is the purpose behind its existence. Science has been around for centuries but has yet to answer such a simple question. We have discovered the some of the mechanics of the universe but not why it is here in the first place.

Before the "big bang" that brought forth all that we see as the universe what was before? If nothing how did it come to be, from where?

Hinduism I believe suggests that there have been eight repeated cycles of "big bang" creations of the unverse and subsequent collapses back into the singularity, like the never ending inhaling and exhaling of cosmic breaths. The universe is born, lives, dies and is reborn. Created by the cosmic consciousness we call God.

.....if that too close to a religious discussion change the word God to "A. Nother"
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I understand. What I'm interested in is can it be proven, regardless of interaction, that a spirit or ghost or even ghost bees are aboard said ship? You stated in your prior post that "the Queen Mary has been proven to be an extremely haunted ship." I'm very intrigued to see evidence that proves this as I would love to believe as you do! Usually when a "believer" makes a statement as such you get the runaround and no definitive answers.
    Richard, it seems for the second time you've missed or intentionally disregarded my inquisition above. If possible, would you please explain to me how, "the Queen Mary has been proven to be an extremely haunted ship."-Richard
    I, as many other skeptics can be open minded, and are susceptible to new information, but just saying it is so without actual evidence does nothing to better my understanding of the paranormal, nor anyone else.

Maybe all these people with psychic ability should be helping their local police departments with unsolved murders. I'm sure they would love the publicity of it all. The cynical side of me says that a lot of these so-called psychics, such as our own Sally Morgan here in the UK, exploit the grief of the bereaved and those who are desperate to get in touch with dead relatives. Everyone at some time in their life will have a sense of foreboding when entering a certain building or treading on hallowed ground - such as an old battlefield. It doesn't mean they have psychic powers though.

There may well be some people out there who really do have these abilities. But again, most of the one's you hear about over here seem to be in it for all the money they can make from the gullible. We had one character here in Warrington - Wally Barnes, and he made a good living out of all his books on the ghosts which haunted Warrington. Going off the amount of ghosts he wrote about I must live in the most haunted town in the world!

The practical side of me says there may well be something. Some years ago I went to an open day at Bewsey old hall here in Warrington. It was once the home of the Boeteler family hundreds of years ago. I took a black and white photograph in each room we entered. When I got them developed they had all turned out fine except for one, and that was completely blank. It just happened to have been taken in the bedroom where Thomas Boeteler was murdered in the 15th century.

Maybe one day someone will prove beyond doubt that there are indeed people with psychic ability. But I have yet to meet someone who has come back from 'the other side' to tell everyone how good life after death is!

An thought provoking read for those interested in quantum physics

Is there an afterlife? The science of biocentrism can prove there is, claims Professor Robert Lanza - Science - News - The Independent

Professor Robert Lanza claims the theory of biocentrism teaches that death as we know it is an illusion created by our consciousness.

Lanza cites the well proven double-slit test (Two-Slit Experiments) to backup his claims:

When scientists watch for a single particle to pass through one of two slits, the particle goes through one slit or the other. If a person doesn't watch it, the single particle acts like a wave and can go through both slits simultaneously. This means its behaviour changes based on a person's perception.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The former head of the Max Planck Institute for Physics in Munich, Professor Hans-Peter Dürr believes:

"Basically, there is no such thing as material. Primarily, there exist only connections to material foundation. We could therefore call it consciousness material. Energy appears only as coagulated, secondarily, solidified spirit. Many discoveries of quantum physics are not only immaterial, but that is a work in completely different ways that has nothing to do with the standard three-dimensional spatial sense we have. It is a pure information field, a sort of quantum code. It has nothing to do with mass and energy. This information field spans the entire universe. The cosmos is whole information because this field has no limit. There is only one, but this one united entity is differentiated."

Dürr also believes that the brain, by thinking a field of consciousness [quantum field forms] that can exist after the death of the body in the higher dimension.

Hans-Peter Dürr (October 7, 1929 in Stuttgart) is a German physicist. Academic interests in nuclear and quantum physics, elementary particles and gravitation, epistemology, and philosophy.
    Last edited by StefanM; 03-27-2014 at 03:22 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Youthcollector, Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to avoid your question. I personally have proven to myself that it is extremely haunted, as many others have; this would be something that you would have to also. The ship is now a hotel and you would have to spend the night there to experience this. There is one room that no one will stay in, cannot recall the number but they wiill tell you. I cannot prove the ship to be haunted to anyone and I suggest that you take the time to look this up on the internet where you will find many experiences that individuals have had on the ship.

Like I offered earlier; that if you are ever coming to New Jersey or if you live in New Jersey I would be most happy to have you accompany myself and my daughters group on one of our location investigations. The offer stands for anyone.

There is also an alternative for anyone; which would be to contact a paranormal investigating team within your area and to accompany them on one of their investigations. I'm certain that they would be happy to have you along.

Erno ... If I hear him correctly, the implication seems to be present even though he may have not come out directly as stated that all psychcs are phony.

Harry ... In many cases they do work closely with law inforcement agencies; unfortunatey, there are many agencies that simply are ignorant of the possibilities and don't want to admit that they could use psychic help. I personally feel that in some cases it's a matter of pride.

?

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    Erno ... If I hear him correctly, the implication seems to be present even though he may have not come out directly as stated that all psychcs are phony.
    Well, none have been proven to be real, so I won't believe it until that changes. To say that it's definitely not real would not be the case, but the evidence (or rather, lack thereof) points to that.

The following short scenarios and accompanying photographs may give you a more positive outlook on the paranormal. These are from my daughter's group investigation files and I had also been present when the investigations took place.

FIRST SCENARIO:

Investigation at a local theater in the round in Piscataway, NJ. Seated are one of our group’s psychics and several members of the local press who were present for the investigation. The room was dark; lights were out, when our psychic stated that she felt a presence behind her. At that same moment one of our photographers snapped a photograph. No, that's not "Casper" you see in the photograph! Afterwards, we were informed that the spirit of a little girl is known to haunt that specific area, and is seen there by members of the theater, who sometimes stay late at night and also by some theater goers.
    Picture 023NJGO.jpg
    SECOND SCENARIO:

Investigation was at the Shanley Hotel in New York State, also from NJGO's files. The group, along with me stayed the night in this haunted hotel. You can check this hotel out for yourself on the internet. This image was captured in the upper hallway on the third floor. This floor was undergoing renovation at the time. A laser grid was being projected in the direction at the time, which would indicate any interruption by movement crossing its path.
    A series of several photographs were taken and the resulting image was in one of them. Look closely and you will see an image from a long ago period of a woman carrying a candle stick holder in what appears to be a nightgown. Image is being reflected in the mirror at the end of the hallway.

Book3Photos 023.jpg

THIRD SCENARIO:

Still another from our files was an investigation of a historic colonial period house in Perth Amboy, NJ dating back to the 1700's. Once inhabited by the first Royal Governor of NJ, Benjamin Franklin's brother who was appointed by the King or Queen of England. This incident occurred just before the group was getting ready to leave. I still had one photograph left on my camera and decided to venture by myself to the second floor where there was located a large wall mirror which I wanted to photograph earlier, but did not. This was huge room, the room was dark. On the wall behind me were two doorways, one at each end of the wall. I decided to stand in the one doorway facing the mirror on a slight angle and snapped the photograph. To my surprise, the mirror was completely black and when I lightened it the reflection in it was astonishing. There seemed to be two spirit figures, a woman and a man dressed in period clothing of the time (1700's). You can see on the man a tri-corner had and a cutaway jacket and the woman in a period dress. Both were standing in the doorway at the other end of the wall behind me, curious to what I was doing

Book2Photos 006.jpg

If i post a helmet on here and 99 people say its fake, and 1 person says its real..who would you believe ...i have seen new members on here ridiculed for not listening to the "consensus" of a majority of knowledgeable members ...dont point to the one scientist who you believe gives you some hope,listen to the absolutely overwhelming majority that see all this as nonsense...The burden of proof, real proof is on YOU....i cant go around saying i had coffee last night with martians and its up to you to disprove this...any mental health professional would suggest treatment for those that see things that others dont,and those that hear, see or smell things that others dont... Psychic crackdown on the cards - new laws for mediums and tarot readers | UK news | The Observer

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast