Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

My "SS" has offended people

Article about: Jag thought of it first!! Gentlemen, I give you the 1936 Jaguar SS 100.

Default Re: My "SS" has offended people

Jag thought of it first!!

Gentlemen, I give you the 1936 Jaguar SS 100.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I just erased a whole paragraph of my own ranting.....how stupid or uneducated can people be?..... Now the alphabet letters "SS" are now offensive?? What next????.......The words "mountains and valleys" being tied to human genitalia? Nope..cant have that either..lets change that too. Spiders get a bad reputation also...and all from Hollywood Horror movies,,isnt that stereotyping the poor arachnid? Yep,,they are scary looking almost as scary as what the letters SS implies.............BEWARE ALL YOU ACRONYMS OF THE WORLD...RUN AND HIDE..you will also be labeled as evil!!
    I couldnt have said it better!

?

PC thinking run amok. Something for the media to stir the anthill over on slow days. Ridiculous and while I support Israel on most counts this is waaaaay over the top.

4md
    ?

I have the same model vy ss commodore and never had a problem with people mistaking it for a Nazi symbol. If someone walked up to me and started spouting about my car being Nazi, I would tell them the full history of GMH and name every model that has the ss badge and the fact that holden made a huge amount of materials to help defeat the Nazi's. Then start talking about the ls1 motor and bathurst victorys and brocky. Im sure they will walk off bored

Wow...stupid me! here I thought that people were all fussy with my collecting war relics back in the day...and Now I know it was all about my 69 Camaro! Or was it my 70 Chevelle.....? Guess it's all academic now....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by 4md View Post
    I have the same model vy ss commodore and never had a problem with people mistaking it for a Nazi symbol. If someone walked up to me and started spouting about my car being Nazi, I would tell them the full history of GMH and name every model that has the ss badge and the fact that holden made a huge amount of materials to help defeat the Nazi's. Then start talking about the ls1 motor and bathurst victorys and brocky. Im sure they will walk off bored
    haha great idea!
    Yeah this is my 3rd time its happend. Most people know but yeah there are a few around and it makes you wonder how many dont say anything. Must be my shaved head. Wondering why i get bad looks from people unless its because i just did a burnout

What will they think next, my shaved head means im a skinhead.

Quote by 4md View Post
    I think her in Perth people are my horrified and offended that its a " hoon" car. Performance car drivers here are seen as scum thanks to the media and govenment crack downs

4md
    ?

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    I think her in Perth people are my horrified and offended that its a " hoon" car. Performance car drivers here are seen as scum thanks to the media and govenment crack downs
    Yes unfortunately its the same every where, my wife crashed our vy because of poor roads and bad signage. the cop on the scene who seen the accident took her for a hoon. That was until she flew out the car to get our son out

I wonder how many of these morons drive a Ford? Ol' Henry was, according to Hitler, his "Inspiration".

Washingtonpost.com: Ford and GM Scrutinized for Alleged Nazi Collaboration

He kept a photo of Ford next to his desk and also ensured he was awarded the Reich's highest accolade that a non German could receive, the Grand Cross of the German Eagle in 1938. Ford was well known for his anti semitic beliefs before the war.

Has that ever occured to these hand wringing idiots???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by 4md View Post
    Yes unfortunately its the same every where, my wife crashed our vy because of poor roads and bad signage. the cop on the scene who seen the accident took her for a hoon. That was until she flew out the car to get our son out

Hope your wife and sone were ok.
    I had a run in with police yesterday. Roads were wet and there was an illegally parked car that i got stuck behind. A car in the other lane sat back, flicked its lights to let me in. I put my foot down so i wouldnt hold him up and my SS kicked out sideways ( 330hp is very touchy in the wet) I backed off as soon as it went sideways. Next thing i know, the car that let me in was a unmarked poilce car. He was a old cop, very high ranking. his car even had roof racks and tow bar ( VE sedan) I had some explaining to do until he realised it was an accident. Must admit though, its scary driving it in the wet, especially with a shift kit and tune. Have to be carefull

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast