Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need to ask a question,

Article about: Hi You are lucky man John, IOM here i come lol, it might be a stupid question as im not getting the rifle mentioned, but what would be the value of one of the converted Enfields to .22 air r

Hi
    You are lucky man John, IOM here i come lol, it might be a stupid question as im not getting the rifle mentioned, but what would be the value of one of the converted Enfields to .22 air rifle.
    Dave.

?

Remember its not the police per se, its the laws passed by government, there were a lot of coppers that had collections as well or belonged to gun clubs that had to hand in weapons pronounced as illegal even if they kept them at the clubs, hence a lot of gun clubs shutting down, but I must admit that quite a few ''illegal''weapons found their way into the police firearms training armoury, just for research of course

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    ....but what would be the value of one of the converted Enfields to .22 air rifle.
    Dave.
    Short answer is....Nothing. The weapons could only be held by the original owner, and then only if he had, or was granted a section 5 FAC. The weapon was/is non transferable by law, and if the owner wishes to get rid of it, it must be handed into the police for destruction. Whether you can get it deactivated I don't know, but I don't see much point as the bolt was butchered and the barrel drilled out and replaced with a sheet metal tube during the air cartridge fitting process.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Last edited by Wagriff; 01-19-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I knew the laws were strict in the UK, but had no idea that they actually come into your house to inspect the property...
    On the other hand, I live in a land on the other extreme where any idiot can easily obtain a lethal firearm/ammunition...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi Wagriff,
    There,s no point knocking Britain with your humor as we can have full bore rifles of all sorts under our firearms certs, it,s only handguns we cant own anymore plus when we did have handguns they were used for targets anyway. Whats the use of a .44 magnam ect for targets, when a .22 does the same job ie put,s a hole in the target, the only use for a fullbore round is on the battle field. As for the situation we are in now in this country we have more firearms on the streets and in illegal hands then ever before, so you see we dont live in idyillc bliss and peace we just have a bit less crime than your country.
    Dave.

For Pete's sake, Dave....lighten up...I thought Brits had a good sense of humor...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

We have a great sence of humor when somethings funny.
    dave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2