Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help to catalog and value a collection

Article about: Im a novice. My grandfather passed away and I literally have hundreds of items I need to catalog and sell. My brother and I have no idea where to even begin. We have no idea of the value or

Ampman
    ?

Default Need help to catalog and value a collection

Im a novice. My grandfather passed away and I literally have hundreds of items I need to catalog and sell. My brother and I have no idea where to even begin. We have no idea of the value or what the stuff is but its mostly German WW II SS, its a treasure trove. I live in NY, farm is in PA but my wife and I are moving to CO soon due to a job transfer to Denver. Any help would be appreciated. First dibs on anyone willing to help, again, literally hundreds of items
    Thanks
    Paul

Default Re: Need help to catalog and value a collection

Quote by Ampman View Post
    Im a novice. My grandfather passed away and I literally have hundreds of items I need to catalog and sell. My brother and I have no idea where to even begin. We have no idea of the value or what the stuff is but its mostly German WW II SS, its a treasure trove. I live in NY, farm is in PA but my wife and I are moving to CO soon due to a job transfer to Denver. Any help would be appreciated. First dibs on anyone willing to help, again, literally hundreds of items
    Thanks
    Paul
    A good first step would be to take and post some photographs(good quality digital pictures) of all or in the first instance just some of it. There are plenty of members who will happily give you information on id'ing the items and valuations and also you can sell items on the forum in the sales section.

Sorry to hear about the passing of your Grandfather, do you know which unit he served with?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Paul, What kind of items are we talking about? Uniforms, badges, helmets, etc? Are they anything that could be boxed up and shipped for evaluation and appraisal? Always willing to help if possible, of course.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    A good first step would be to take and post some photographs(good quality digital pictures) of all or in the first instance just some of it. There are plenty of members who will happily give you information on id'ing the items and valuations and also you can sell items on the forum in the sales section.

Sorry to hear about the passing of your Grandfather, do you know which unit he served with?
    Yes please. Photos of the lot and some detailed pics in daylight, high resolution, will be needed as a first.

Lars

?

Photographs, preferably in daylight with close-ups, will be the best way to start.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Welcome to the forum!