Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need to regain the collecting mojo

Article about: Happened to me almost 40 years ago. I sold off All my stuff. Everything. Gradually, the 'bug' worked it's way back in. I get a bit of a 'fix' here with WRF almost every day. Sometimes intere

?

Default Need to regain the collecting mojo

Hi Gents

I seem to have lost my collecting mojo for TR militaria and i feel i need to regain it somehow. I have put most of my collection on the classifieds but am now seriously considering keeping them now. I have sold a few nice pieces and have a feeling that i will be looking for similar examples again asap (if i can find them). I Just am unsure why i have reached a big dip in enthusiasm recently , i have a habit of taking things too seriously and i've had a few instances with online sellers that made me feel like giving up on the hobby , is it too late for me to turn it around? and take the items that i sold on the chin and carry on collecting , or keep on selling. I have no idea. I know it gets very frustrating when you contact people and they don't reply , but like i say i take it all in a bit too much i think. Any help , has this happened to anyone else at all?. Any thoughts appreciated chaps.

?

Well i ended all my classifieds , got to get back on the ladder now somehow.

Sounds like you're having a mid life crisis. You haven't bought a Mazda MX-5 soft top have you.....??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It happened to me this year, Just because of the fact that the stuff is getting so expensive. Buying a TR medal can by shopping for the family for two weeks these days. It has become aware to me that i just simply cant afford to collect that much any more. This year all i have picked up is a Wherpas and a DDR flag and that saddens me.

It sounds like you need an agony aunt - not advice off anyone on here! We all (or some of us) go through phases where we sell up and then regret it later on, and we all have our moments with sellers. By the way, if you have bought a Mazda MX5 soft-top, trade it in for an EK2. The EK2 should show you a better return in years to come.

Its sad to say that people not replying to emails and the like is just a fact of life these days. I guess people are just pig-ignorant. Don't take it to heart though.

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    It happened to me this year, Just because of the fact that the stuff is getting so expensive. Buying a TR medal can by shopping for the family for two weeks these days. It has become aware to me that i just simply cant afford to collect that much any more. This year all i have picked up is a Wherpas and a DDR flag and that saddens me.
    This sounds very similar to what i am feeling mate , it seems prices are high and i always want something else but can't afford it with my budget. And you sort of give up , the sensible thing would be to leave my collection as is and add to it from time to time but i find that so hard to do. I also sold my prized items for much less than i paid which was a mistake aswell but one i shall have to forget. The thing that gets me down is when you contact sellers or other people in the hobby and there is no reply , it's like what is the point?. Just need to get that enthusiasm again somehow. Sorry for moaning Chaps.

?

It happens I suppose to all of us at one time or another, Hang in there...G

It would seem the idea of having a disposable income is disappearing.
    Morris

Collect as you can Afford to. Like what you purchase. Save for what you want. Realize there will always be the unobtainable. While you are waiting for funds to accrue for purchases, spend some pleasant time reading historical accounts and study up on the subjects of interest. If you cannot obtain physical items, you can at least read about them and learn. You can never read too much. The more you know about what interests you, the deeper the significance will be for the pieces that you Do have in hand.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Collect as you can Afford to. Like what you purchase. Save for what you want. Realize there will always be the unobtainable. While you are waiting for funds to accrue for purchases, spend some pleasant time reading historical accounts and study up on the subjects of interest. If you cannot obtain physical items, you can at least read about them and learn. You can never read too much. The more you know about what interests you, the deeper the significance will be for the pieces that you Do have in hand.
    That is very well said indeed and i shall definitely take this as the way forward. Thank you for that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast