Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

New battle for berlin documentary

Article about: In case you dont know there is a new series of docus on the Berlin battles on the Quest channel beginning at 9pm on Sunday night? It has a British comedian Al Murray (who i asume had relativ

Default New battle for berlin documentary

In case you dont know there is a new series of docus on the Berlin battles on the Quest channel beginning at 9pm on Sunday night? It has a British comedian Al Murray (who i asume had relatives who where in the area in ww2.,going over the same ground the Allies trod also I assume more from the Brit and American point of view. In the advert it shows Murray using a flame thrower, just after it show a soldier using one for real in ww2. I hope this means we are going to see a lot of the equipment used in the war for real? Looks like it is right up our street guys.

Default Re: New battle for berlin documentary

I met Al over in Arnhem a couple of years ago. A genuinely nice guy with a real passion for WW2. We met up a couple of times.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I met Al over in Arnhem a couple of years ago. A genuinely nice guy with a real passion for WW2. We met up a couple of times.

Cheers, Ade.
    He is a great comedian too! I didnt realise he was a WW2 enthusiast

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick, yes is really interested. I think this comes across in his comedy at times.

Here we are together on the Drop Zone at Ginkel Heath.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i have to say that you have quite some conections Adrian

cheers,

Is the Quest Channel a British or European Channel? I wonder if we can get it here in the states through cable? Sounds like a great show. You do have a multitude of history connections Ade! You need to write a book!

Take care,
    Jay

Hi Jay, "Not what you know but who you know"

Quest Channel is UK based and is available on "Freeview" digital TV.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade facinating you know him ,and now i see why he was picked to front the docus.i hope the guys in the states will be able to see them.JUST READ HE REUNITES OLD ENEMIES GERMAN AND ALLIED WHO FOUGHT AGINAST EACH OTHER, AND HE INTERVIEWS SURVIVERS OF THE BATTLE FOR BERLIN AT HITLERS BUNKER SITE.
    Last edited by LAS VEGAS; 04-02-2010 at 10:00 AM.