MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

New Book - Home Front in 100 items

Article about: I’m currently working through this new book (“The Home Front 1939-1945 in 100 Objects”) by Austin J Ruddy. 212 pages covering 101 items, including Helmets, leaflets, shrapnel, respirators, i

Default New Book - Home Front in 100 items

I’m currently working through this new book (“The Home Front 1939-1945 in 100 Objects”) by Austin J Ruddy. 212 pages covering 101 items, including Helmets, leaflets, shrapnel, respirators, incendiary bombs and even dried egg! For someone who thought they knew a bit about that period this book is a real education....and fun too. There’s loads of photos and info about each item. Look out for it.

Any idea where I could pick up a copy? Sounds like something I'd be interested in, seeing as I'm one of about three people on this forum who have an interest in the Home Front!

( Come on, folks! It's not German, but it's still militaria! )

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    ( Come on, folks! It's not German, but it's still militaria! ).
    But is it? LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

....I'm trying to find the "Dislike Post" button!!!

Mr Fast...in answer to your question...it's a proper book (ie with Publisher...Pen and Sword) so I'm hoping it's quite widely available....I know P&S are selling it directly and it's on the usual book selling sites (though prices vary a tad). Having read more last night it's an ideal Xmas present for anyone with elderly relativers who start every sentence with "during the war" or "when WE used to....."

'nice looking book......

MAP
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    ....I'm trying to find the "Dislike Post" button!!!
    Touché. Well parried as usual

But seriously. Despite the friendly ribbing and jokes, we know full well that books like these are vital to the hobby. There are more than enough books on popular subjects like Iron Crosses or M1 helmets (and yes German helmets), but niche or less covered areas of collecting are often overlooked leaving us with little information. And the efforts of these authors often go unrewarded.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)