Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

New diplay cupboard.

Article about: A fortnight ago I went for a quick beer in one of our local pub's. Next to the pub people were looking for help to get a old piece of furniture to the dump. I had a look and immediatly volun

Thanks John!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Very nice Kris!
    That was a great save. I see the sides are even dovetailed to the bottom. Very strong construction, and a very nice piece of furniture.
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph!
    It is indeed well made.
    Apart from the dovetailes, the horizontal top panel of the lower section is hold by special "L" shaped woden braces that allows the panel to extend or shrink from left to right, without dammaging any part of the carcass... or worse.
    Only downer were several small (!) bore damages made by longhorn beetle larvae, on parts that doesn't show on the outside. I found no wood dust when moving the cabinet, so I asume they are long gone...
    cheers
    |<ris
    ps just noticed!! Congrats on you mod status! Seemes I missed that part.....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Thanks Ralph!
    Only downer were several small (!) bore damages made by longhorn beetle larvae, on parts that doesn't show on the outside. |<ris
    That only gives it more character Kris!
    Ralph.
    P.S. Thank you!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3