Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New film - 'Stalingrad'

Article about: Looking forward to this !! It stars the excellent Thomas Kretchmann and the brilliant August Diehl ( Inglorious Bastards) Stalingrad (2013) - IMDb Shooting Stalingrad: Renowned Russian direc

Default Re: New film - 'Stalingrad'

sorry, not tiger, but I think not real either

Trying to find the movie on Youtube

The Mk IV is a not terribly convincing replica-looks like it might be T55 based-running German tanks are rare and not really suitable for film work as they have to be well maintained with rare spares etc needed or else they'll break down with expensive delays in filming etc.

yes, here is what I think is the same tank that made me think it a T-55. I'm a soviet guy so I was watching for the T-34 variants.
    Jump to 44:00

Белый тигр 2012 HD - YouTube

- - Updated - -

OH and German panzer replicas I think are being made out of AFV434 which probably is a good basis for a P-III (at least better than a T-55)

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    The Mk IV is a not terribly convincing replica-looks like it might be T55 based-running German tanks are rare and not really suitable for film work as they have to be well maintained with rare spares etc needed or else they'll break down with expensive delays in filming etc.
    Same problems as seventy years ago then...

At least these days they are making an effort to get the tanks looking the part. Certainly a step up from the days of having Shermans and Pershings with big crosses on the turrets.

The worst example was the film'The battle of the Bulge' what the heck were those tanks ??

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The Tiger from Kelly's Heroes was crap.

What was that film where the lost / cut off / misc American soldiers end up fighting alongside some orphans, holed up in an old mill, or some b****cks..... The Germans are using a Leopard tank or something equally modern....

On a previous thread I mentioned 'Battle of the Bulge'-only film where the Shermans were played by another tank, the M24 Chaffee light tank-Tigers played by M26 Pershings-when you borrow someone's army you have to use whatever they're currently using-even T 34s are getting thin on the ground now having been out of production for 60 years.

PS 'A Bridge Too Far' used Leopard 1s as German types.

dose anyone know where i can get a copy of Fortress Of War with english subs ?

?

I prefer to go see Iron Sky (2012) - IMDb ;D

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast