Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New to the hobby and the forum

Article about: by greatwhite Hi Slade and welcome to the best forum on the net, like yourself i am too a areospace QA inspector i deal with turbine blades and work to a tolerance of 0.001" these are o

?

Default New to the hobby and the forum

Hello Gents,

As the title states I am new to the forum and the hobby. I just wanted to take the time to say hi! I am a member of a couple of other historical type forums as my collecting interests vary and I have to say this forum seems to be populated by some very passionate people! Usually when I post something to a forum it takes days to a week to get a response. In War Relics one can expect to see responses being posted within minutes or hours.

I was led to this hobby by a guy called Kiwited. I found him through my other hobby antique and relic firearms collecting. Some years ago he transitioned into German militaria and has over the last couple of years been posting about his collection. I began to follow him and others in this hobby more closely and in June I decided I was tired of collecting Antiques and Relics (collecting since 2007) and I wanted to give a crack at something new.

German militaria is particularly intriguing to me because of all the forgery floating around. I am a aviation QC inspector by trade and finding minute defects or differences in things is something I find very rewarding. I have decided that my main pursuit in this hobby will be Heer awards, insignia and German daggers.

Bellow is a picture of my tiny collection. The first item I picked up was an EK2 from the forum and I was truly hooked from then on. Yes there is a SA dagger in there that I just couldn't pass up (also purchased from the forum) I am waiting for a good Heer dagger to come along and replace it in that case.

Last thing. I am interested in becoming a WRF member? Are there minimum requirements before applying? I am still trying to learn forum etiquette.

IMG_5269.jpg

good evening slade and a warm welcome from the uk
    Regards James

?

Thank you James C!

Welcome to the forum.

Go to the green bar a the top of the page that says 'Join WRF Club' and roll up your right trouser leg and expose your left breast whilst typing in your paypal details, then you shall have passed all requirements to become a member of this hallowed and secret fraternity.

Good Luck.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hi Slade.That may be a small collection You have but its a nice one.Welcome to WRF

MAP
    ?

The best investment you will ever make!!! Even if you have to listen to Big Ned (just kidding..really, he's a hoot!)

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice one Ned! I shall do that just that to fulfill your twisted sense of humor

?

Thanks MAP. Its funny what you have in your signature because I have the same fear, and my Wife says the exact same thing to me almost every time I buy something

MAP
    ?

Quote by Slade View Post
    Thanks MAP. Its funny what you have in your signature because I have the same fear, and my Wife says the exact same thing to me almost every time I buy something
    Maybe we have the same wife???

Hmmmm....is she an accountant?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Welcome to the forum slade

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast