Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New Job

Article about: Congratulations on the new job Paul, I hope it all works out well for you mate! A shame that your first day involved the attempted destruction of a WW2 air raid shelter but it's great that y

Default New Job

airraidshelter4.jpg
    Well it was the first day on site with my new job yesterday and the first task was to demolish a small air raid shelter behind a council house, the shelter is the same as the one in the photo (without the adverts) and we were given a generator powered jack hammer to break up the roof, after about an hour we had only managed to break off a piece about 6 inches square and gave up, our manager is having "a think about it". I now know why a lot of the big public shelters in Berlin are still there!...

Paul, put an offer in for it and make a small museum out of it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Good idea, i thought it was a bit of a shame to get rid of it!...

nice.

your manager might come back after a think. and say guys i think a lot of blood sweat and tears might go into breaking this down. ha ha. are they double brick or more. looking at the image the wall looks about 500mm thick. and a concrete roof

Get some PE mate soon have it down lol
    Ben

Quote by geelong View Post
    your manager might come back after a think. and say guys i think a lot of blood sweat and tears might go into breaking this down. ha ha. are they double brick or more. looking at the image the wall looks about 500mm thick. and a concrete roof
    Triple brick mate!...

It seems a shame that it has to come down, what date is it? Sad they these are still being demolished in this day and age.

Congrats on the new job.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

get a good two stroke demo saw. be careful. is still sad to see a bit of history getting pulled down.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    It seems a shame that it has to come down, what date is it? Sad they these are still being demolished in this day and age.

Congrats on the new job.
    As far as i know Jerry it's 1940!...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast