Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New Job

Article about: Congratulations on the new job Paul, I hope it all works out well for you mate! A shame that your first day involved the attempted destruction of a WW2 air raid shelter but it's great that y

Well you know Gunny if you really wanted to look good in front of the boss man im pretty sure I have a recipe around here some where of how to make high explosives out of baby food and used printer cartridges (joking of course). Its really a shame to tear that thing down, but I can understand why the people around might want it. Just keep some of the bricks and send one or two my way!

how did you go ?

Here you go Paul, use these 'candles' and say the remains came from this place during the post war remodelling .......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Congrats on the new job Gunny demolishing concrete can be a pain in the back side .
    Here is another suggestion have the manager rent a concrete hammer drill there are multiple size bits available I have a Milwaukee I use quite often for jobs such as these and bits are not that expensive about $30.00 Cdn dependent on size.
    Drill holes in grids along the same lines as what Steve suggested this will structurally weaken the concrete enough that you will be able to use the jack hammer more effectively this can be done with the walls as well .

Regards Mark K

Quote by geelong View Post
    how did you go ?
    It's still there!....

Lol congradulations on the job fella, why's it coming down then?

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Lol congradulations on the job fella, why's it coming down then?
    The residents don't like it mate!..

Your having a giraffe aren't ya mate

Whats there not to like! lol

matty

That's too bad they dislike it. If I lived in the area, with the proper funds, I'd purchase it and make it into a museum.. or a man cave to hang out in.

There's a concrete bunker just across the road from me Gunny. You can't see it from the road because its that overgrown. Its right next to the railway line about 100 yards down from Burtonwood Road bridge. I did intend to photograph all the remaining bunkers and blast pens around the site, but I've never got around to doing it!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast