Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New PC

Article about: Ade. All you have to remember is i'm a "dimwit" where cpu's are concerned & i've had no trouble. So you shouldbe more than fine. Stewy S

Default New PC

Hi Guys, if I am offline for a while, don't wonder why. I have just bought a new PC today. So tomorrow will see me setting it all up and this may take a while. I have gone for a HP with a large 22 inch screen with touch screen technology. So I will also have to come to terms with Windows Vista.

My trusty Sony Vaio has served me well for 7 years now and it has never ever been in for repair. But it has now started to slow down and one of the fans needs replacing so I am going to try and get it repaired and pass it onto my Mum and Dad and get them online.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: New PC

Hi Ade,i've got windows Vista home premium & it's ok. Stewy S

?

I will say Vista is bad, I've tried it and bought XP back, you can't administer Vista as XP, also a lot of bugs with the soft. Allways to proper work need to run install from a right mouse click - contest menu "Run this prog as Admin"....
    Also if you are setup local network, Vista is headache...
    But, I'll give you just my opinion, due of my computer has a lot of progs installed...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Vista's ok once you get used to it, although all the big companies will not use it. I think i heard somewhere that its going to get replaced with something else coz there's so many bugs

?

Firstly that will not allow to work with some programs which is veruy neccesary for me
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Sorry to say mate, but Vista is crap. I had to have a new P.C. about 18 months ago and yes that came with Vista, its a real pain, however since I've just had the update (service pack 2) it does seem a little better. However I'm also running a spare hard drive for important work stuff, due to Vista just crashes without warning, or lock ups. Plus you'll need to update drivers for printers etc, as again I've had loads of problems trying to use XP drivers. Plus internet Explorer 8 uses loads of memory and slows down the whole system.

Nige.

TomCo
    ?

Ah vista isnt so bad.
    I run a dual boot of Xp and Vista Business and I hardly ever boot into XP anymore, it just takes a little bit of getting used to.

One thing I will say is to turn off "UAC" asap, its only a hinderance to everyday operation.

For people complaining of lack of configuation control (esp. firewall rules), open a command prompt and type "mmc". This opens the Microsoft Management Console, where you configure practically every aspect of the OS with little trouble.

Hi Guys, I am back online.

Still very much finding my way around the new software and all the gadgets, but so far doing ok. But we had to go out and buy a new router as the previous one was not Vista compatable which cost us a few hours messing around. Lots of jobs to do yet, reloading pics music etc.

Cheers, Ade.

Rick
    ?

Ah the joys of the modern world, look at the bright side, you needed a mansion the size of Bletchly to house your pc back in the 40's.

i am a pc and i use vista, its ok for me and i am a computer numpty!!!

Rick

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Hi Ade,i've got windows Vista home premium & it's ok. Stewy S
    stewy i also have a laptop with vista home premium and its ok aswell!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast