Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

New user, Just inherited items from my grandfather

Article about: Well, better post some close up pictures of the gorget. I do not want to say it is a repro but better pictures will help. As for the market price - there is no real market price for III Reic

Default Re: New user, Just inherited items from my grandfather

I particularly like the foreign volunteer unit square patches in the 7th photo. I wouldn't mind having one of each... The spiked knuckle duster and the tan blackjack are interesting as well!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Re: New user, Just inherited items from my grandfather

hi Bruce,great collection there,you stated that you are aspiring to becoming a collector and you like history,the collection you have would in some cases take other collectors years to obtain the Dachau pieces are extremely desirable as there are so many fakes on the market,you therefore have an inbuilt collection to start off the hobby,plus the fun and learning experience associated with each items history . I would assume that the knuckleduster and cosh came from one of the camps and although perhaps a bit gruesome have a history of their own,personaly i would seperate the collection into groups,display the cloth items in glass frames,and mount the dagger and gorget together in adisplay case . Another point to consider is that they are part of your grandfathers history and what better way to preserve that by a display,happy collecting and welcome to the forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3