Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

New WRF Members

Article about: Hi Rick, Welcome! Glad to see you here and look forward to your participation.

Hello Lime, and welcome to the forum!

Have only been here a short time myself, and it's already paying off. You made the right move jumping aboard here.
    Looking forward to seeing those pictures, particularly the Bren. The 'World Firearms section' is the best place for those.

Regards, B.B.

Hey thanks ok, expect some pics shortly.

Welcome aboard
    It's always nice to see another cheese head join the forum.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Green and Gold till the day I'm dead and cold.

Hi everyone! My name is Robert. I work full time as a silversmith at a jewelry shop. I've been a silversmith for more than a decade now. So my expertise lies within that subject.
    My hobbies: History, vintage jewelry, and drinking guinness! (Thank you Ireland for the greatest beer in the world)
    I found this forum recently (yesterday) when i was searching for answer about a ring i found. But it turns out to be fake... like 99% of the war rings out there.

Wish you all the best, if you wanna know more about me or have any question. Feel free to pm me.

Welcome Robert!
    Hope you enjoy your stay. It really can be an enjoyable place to be.
    I am not a silver smith by any means but I do dabble a bit.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A trained silversmith will be useful on the forum especially when it comes to the eternal fake/real patina and cast/die-struck questions on rings.

He didn't last long...

Hi all,

I thought I should say hello as Ive recently joined.

My interest in war relics started when I wanted items my Grandad may have seen/used in WWI when he fought with the Queens west surrey's 8th battalion from 1916 till there disbandment. He then whent on to the ASC until 1923.

I whent out to the Somme last year so I could see the battle fields his battalion fought on.

Since then I have around 20 Artillery casings and 2 shells. I also have various WWI bayonets, mess tins, canteens, helmets, fuzes and pickets from most nations. Most of my items are in relic condition as I prefer them like that but my prize possession at the minute is my 150mm German casing of which Im trying to find out what fired it (pictures etc in the ordinance section).

I recently started collecting some WWII German items such as my K5512 blow torch, helmet, gas mask and case as well as a bullet barrel. Again most in relic condition.

Ive used relicfinder as I enjoy finding/buying relics.

MAP
    ?

Welcome Relic! I hope you finally find out about the 150mm casing!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast