Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

New WRF Members

Article about: Hi Rick, Welcome! Glad to see you here and look forward to your participation.

Hi Ralph

It is more the authenticity of items to be honest. Not that the auctions would try and mislead but a second opinion would be helpful.

Quote by BarneyDave View Post
    Hi Ralph

It is more the authenticity of items to be honest. Not that the auctions would try and mislead but a second opinion would be helpful.
    That's fine, as I said, we have no problem with that.
    Auctions do not normally try to mislead but, they are often incorrect in their descriptions and authenticity.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Hi Ralph

typically auction houses may have a general idea of the item, they do not have the expertise needed to truly authenticate these items. Some do, but most don't. So buyer beware

Edit: Ralph and my post crossed. But essentially they say the same thing
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not that the auctions would try and mislead
    That never happens
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Never! Especially with a 25% commission on the line
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    typically auction houses may have a general idea of the item, they do not have the expertise needed to truly authenticate these items. Some do, but most don't. So buyer beware

Edit: Ralph and my post crossed. But essentially they say the same thing
    Thankfully the one I will normally use has an auctioneer who is also big into his militaria so that gives me some confidence.

Thankfully the one I will normally use has an auctioneer who is also big into his militaria so that gives me some confidence.
    May I ask which auction house that is?
    If it is Hanson's, then yes, Ade is very good at his craft and very knowledgeable about militaria and, is an Administrator of this forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    May I ask which auction house that is?
    If it is Hanson's, then yes, Ade is very good at his craft and very knowledgeable about militaria and, is an Administrator of this forum.
    Ralph.
    No it's Paul Laidlaw.

?

Wasn’t sure where to post this, but Hey guys, it’s been quite some time. I’ve been wanting to post here for a while now, but I’m pretty embarrassed with myself at how I dropped off the face of the earth without proper goodbyes and thanks to all of the good friends and opportunities I made here over the years.
    Without going into too much detail, I Had a lot going on in my life at the time of my departure and was in a pretty bad spot all around, between family and health issues to losing my business. Sometimes it takes a while to mature and pick up the pieces, and luckily I can say I have achieved that. My interest in collecting has never faded and, I’ve been trying to inch my way back into the hobby on small FB groups very recently, but have forever missed this forum and the good community here. Posting this in hopes that you all wouldn’t mind me starting to contribute again. This forum and its members have taught me everything I know about the hobby and I’d really look forward to getting back into it if you’d allow me. Hope everyone is doing well and that the collector Gods have blessed you!
    Kind regards,
    Bill

?

Welcome Back!!!!
    It's awesome to see you posting again BillT. I was wondering about you and hoping all was well.
    Sorry to hear that life had some bad turns on that road we travel.

I hope all will continue to bring you back to where you were.

I even mentioned you in a colorization thread,.
    Learning to Colorize Photos
    Take Care of Yourself and look forward to seeing you posting again

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast