Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Nice piece of history

Article about: Hi, I was shown a photo, flag and some paper work my friend has got hold of yesterday, It is of two german officers and a man in civies in Oslo norway may 1945 this was all given as one piec

Default Nice piece of history

Hi,
    I was shown a photo, flag and some paper work my friend has got hold of
    yesterday, It is of two german officers and a man in civies in Oslo norway may 1945
    this was all given as one piece. i googled it today and it is the surrender of the Akershus fortress Oslo May 11 1945, to the resistance forces, the photo is original in a frame with norwegian writting under it. I know these type of relics are not worth a great deal but has anyone got an idea of the value, It would help.
    thanks dave.

Default Re: Nice piece of history

It is not worth a lot, since this is highly likely not to be the original photo, this is a very common memorial pictures, they were copied a lot and sold so people could have something to remember the greatness of when the Germany army surrendered and Norway was free. I would think the value is between 20-30 $.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Hi collector,
    thanks for the information on the pic, i dont know what the paperwork is about but it all came in one piece as with the flag, it just seemed very interesting to see something from Norway.
    I think it is a country that done so much yet isnt mentioned a lot.
    regards dave.

Yeah, a good example of that is the Norwegian sailors in the Merchant fleet during the war. 38,000 men served in the merchant fleet during the war and in the end of the war over half the merchant fleet had been sunk and 3800 Norwegian sailors lost their lives, when they returned home, they came home in silence, they were greeted by their family, and they way they were treated by the government... They had survived being torpedoed, being in a life-raft for several days and they forgotten about, a lot of sailors froze to death/drank themselves to death post-war because they had no place to go. A documentary you really have to see to understand what kind of treatment they went through is called "Krigsseilerne".
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Hi,
    thanks for that info, i will look for that, it is such a shame how men were treated on coming home
    they give all they have and nothing is returned to them. and so many lost without a grave.
    dave.

Yeah, my great uncle died in 1943 in the Atlantic so I am very interested in the Norwegian merchant fleet.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

Hi,
    As said back in nov, i was shown some items from the serender of Akershus fortress, I saw my friend again today he has other pieces to go with them i hadnt seen, one was a small wooden box inscribed 1945. the other pieces were pics of a funeral, apparently the man taking the serender from the germans, a few other bits were there. As said before the main photo was probably a copy but these items were brought to england by the family. I asked if i could buy the flag and with surprise it was given to me, so i am very happy to have it, hopefully when he decides to part with some more pieces i may buy a few bits of it.
    Dave. I will post a pic when i can find out how to put them on this new type of forum.

Can't wait until you get some pictures. To attach photos, click "Go Advanced", then press "Manage Attachments" and then you should be able to figure it out.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.