Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No Respect!

Article about: Two Britons arrested at Auschwitz on suspicion of stealing items - Telegraph It may seem petty to some but i hope the Poles throw the book at them!..

Angry No Respect!

Two Britons arrested at Auschwitz on suspicion of stealing items - Telegraph
    It may seem petty to some but i hope the Poles throw the book at them!..

?

They will !

I don't think up to 10 years in prison (!!!!), serving with actual hard criminals, would be a very fair treatment of these two ignorant 17 year olds. Some other more constructive "punishment" should be put in place, ruining their lives because of this seems to me an incredibly cruel and wasteful thing to do.

Auschwitz 'theft' pupils apologise (From Daily Echo)
    The teenagers from a private school got off with a £170 fine, which will be paid no doubt by rich Mummy and Daddy, this kind of stuff really gets under my skin, they should have been thrown in a detention centre even if it were just a few days, it might have made them consider their actions!...

MAP
    ?

From the Headmaster: "I want to ensure that all necessary lessons are learnt."

A fine is not a lessoned learned....something a bit more meaningful is needed. Something that shows real remorse and contrition for their actions.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The immaturity of these two young men is quite evident. Hopefully, their school will punish them in some manner as it was an official school trip. The parents need to educate these young men on the reality of Auchwitz and the real horror that occured there. Sadly, this is not likely as good home training would have prevented this from ever happening.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Immature kids acting before thinking.

Dont be to quick to want them to be public executed for being childish. We have all been young, some of us stole gasoline, some stole apples at night, some stole candy from a shop- and some were unbelivable foolish enough to steal items from a world known KL.

It is a sign in the time- ww2 is being forgotten, war and violence is being highly glorified thru countless violent hollywood productions and thru even more highly violent and bloody videogames. All these impressions MUST have some negative impact on a childs brain, after all a human brain is developing until we are like 25(or something like that). So if you are not so mentally strong and lacking empathy- you maybe try to steal from a KL.

And the worst part is i believe this disrespect of KL Auchwitz will happen again, and again. I wouldnt be surprised if more immature boys are already giggling and talking about doing the same things- or have already done so....

MAP
    ?

From what I have read, the boys did sincerly apologize, received a one year probation in Poland and were suspended from school (I think it was 3 years but this seems incorrect).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Stupid and thoughtless actions that deserve something more than a fine but lynching them would also not be appropriate. A short sharp shock such as a short custodial sentence might have been appropriate in this case, though I suspect that the two involved might have already learned a lesson.

Perhaps bigger signs warning against picking up relics at such sites are required for those who act without thinking and need to be reminded of what those relics mean and why they are left almost casually on the ground to reflect the casual manner in which their lives were taken as being of no consequence.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Stupid and thoughtless actions that deserve something more than a fine but lynching them would also not be appropriate. A short sharp shock such as a short custodial sentence might have been appropriate in this case, though I suspect that the two involved might have already learned a lesson.

Perhaps bigger signs warning against picking up relics at such sites are required for those who act without thinking and need to be reminded of what those relics mean and why they are left almost casually on the ground to reflect the casual manner in which their lives were taken as being of no consequence.
    Well said Jerry. every time i've visited Auschwitz/Birkenau on a guided tour you are warned not to pick anything up no matter how innocuous it looks, i'd be quite surprised if the group from the school were not given the same info before they entered the camps, You are also told not to eat anything while on the tour but it doesn't stop idiots eating sandwiches etc while wandering around. I agree that a short custodial sentence would have been in order, even if it was just 48/72 hours. Another bad example of the Brits abroad syndrome!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast