Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Not happy with the History Shop!!

Article about: Last week I found a cased 50 year long service award for sale on Kai Winkler's History Shop site. I didn't want the case as the medal will go into a wall mounted display case so I asked abou

?

Default Re: Not happy with the History Shop!!

I can see why it is frustrating, but I wouldnt say he lied or pulled a dirty trick. 50% of the people who will give an offer on the case are going to ask for it at least 30- $40euro cheaper anyway. Like others said....he is a business, and is making room for reasonable offers while trying to make maximum profit. I hate to side with a dealer over a fellow collector, but overall IMO he did you a favor by breaking up the set and selling you the medal you wanted. You had every right to deny the offer that was given.
    If it were me selling it.....I wouldnt have even mentioned the case money......I would have just said "I will sell you the medal alone for XX amount of Euro". That way there arent any issues from the sellers end. But it still sux to feel like you you didnt get the correct deal. I fully understand your point of veiw as well. In all reality, I wouldnt worry too much, he isnt going to get what hes asking for the case anyway, his prices in general are through the roof. Are you going to return the medal?

Default Re: Not happy with the History Shop!!

Hi Bill and others,
    If I return the medal that'll put me down another 20 or so for postage. If I lived locally then for sure I'd return it as it actually is more tarnished in hand than it appeared on the website. This one will have to go down to experience. I have no doubt there won't be a general boycott of Kai's store and that wasn't my intention anyway, I just wanted to vent and also pass a little wisdom onto those who may go down the same path to be wary.

I did like Kai's store even though some of the prices are high but it's no biggy, there are plenty of militaria dealers in the world.
    I would add though that yesterdays emails with Kai were conducted with civility on both sides and for that I was grateful, we both expressed our opinions and I decided to move on. I'm sure Kai slept quite soundly last night as did I.

hes an arrogant dick! ill never buy there....
    Last edited by Jerry B; 08-10-2014 at 05:40 PM.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I kind of have to agree with Glenn's reasoning for being upset, and I understand where Bob is saying it was a business decision for negotiating room and all that, but it's not like the dealer had a sudden ephinany and realized it was worth 175€. Maybe he said 100 thinking you would counter with 125 or so. If you didn't and just took what he offered than that's unfortunate but a decision that you made. If he was adamant that 100 was the best he could do because he honestly believed that's why he could get for it than that's a slick move. Maybe I'm not making any sense, but if I were you Glenn I would just eat it and move on. If you don't care to do business with him anymore I can understand that, too. Sorry to see you so upset. Cheer up mate, sounds like you got a great medal that you needed.

I think after two & a half years the water has left the estuary let alone the bridge.
    Lets not remind them further, eh?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I think after two & a half years the water has left the estuary let alone the bridge.
    Lets not remind them further, eh?
    Now that estuary is flooding again, anyone care to take a dip? It only happens once every two years!

Holy hell! I never looked at the date of the original posting. Yes this was dumb to rehash after all this time.

Tell the truth, how long have you been waiting to use that one?!?
    ------
    Copyright(unknown date)-Helmetone.

?

Holy Hell !!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast