Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Nottingham Castle

Article about: Hello Ladies & Gents Visited Nottingham Castle the other day. It wasn't planned so we didn't really have an idea of what it was going to be like?. But it turned out to be a good day. The

?

Default Nottingham Castle

Hello Ladies & Gents

Visited Nottingham Castle the other day. It wasn't planned so we didn't really have an idea of what it was going to be like?. But it turned out to be a good day. The military display is a small room full of Sherwood's Regiment & some WFR kit. Some nice medals on display. Albert Ball VC was a RFC ace during the Great War & you have his VC & some other bits & bobs of his on display. & to keep the Missus happy they have other displays too, I think she enjoyed the caves & England's oldest pub. Hopefully the photos will come out the right way up?? Cheers Terry.Albert Ball (1).jpgWFR Museum (21).jpgWFR Museum (23).jpgWFR Museum (22).jpgWFR Museum (20).jpgWFR Museum (19).jpgWFR Museum (10).jpgWFR Museum (1).jpgLiving LifeMuseum (3).jpgLiving Life Musuem (3).jpgAlbert Ball.jpgAlbert Ball (8).jpgAlbert Ball (7).jpgAlbert Ball (9).jpgAlbert Ball (3).jpgWFR Museum (25).jpg

?

Great displays... But being from across the pond and I hope this doesn't sound silly. Is this the same Nottingham, As in the Robinhood Nottingham????
    PS. Thanks for the pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Certainly is Phil.. Just down the road is his Mighty Oak... It is where he is supposed to had made camp. It is an old Oak tree held up with scaffolding poles last time I looked. Some nice woods around here too. Cheers Terry.

Looks like it's worth a visit!.....

?

Nottingham castle is not too far from me. I haven't been for many years, but I think revisit is necessary.

Well i live in Nottingham, i have not been to the castle for a while,, it is not a castle that you would imagine, ie oldie worldie Robin Hood type, its more like a stately home, but worth a visit as is Wollaton Hall home of the 508th PIR prior to D-Day and Market Garden, display there too.

SA and Naval dagger in the scabbard backwards >_<

What are these curators thinking

The white grip on the naval dagger Im pretty sure is Bogus..and not liking the Runes button on the SA dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Cheers Terry, I love these museum tours

FYI I've post my tours in the After the Battle section

?

Cheers Rene you are a star., & Larry not being an expert on daggers I didn't notice lol.. & trying to find somebody who would have been interested wasn't going to happen their was a lady in the canteen & that was it lol.... But good spot.. Cheers Terry.