Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Now I can feel like a pro

Article about: Stopped at one yard sale today and this is what I came home with, all for \\$100. I dunno of that's a good price but I didn't care. Time to have some indoor photography fun

?

wow, definitely think you did well on the pick ups. Ive been hitting every yard sale I see around here and all I see is baby clothes and strollers! haha Nice shots of the lid too!!

Quote by Anon View Post
    Lovely clear and sharp images Todd. Perhaps a bit too much glare still in the first set, is that a window I can see or are the lights too bright?
    I agree on both remarks!
    Could you also tell us what camera you are using?
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Pics look good mate, a bit bright maybe but nice and sharp. Off to ebay to see what a rig like that would cost me. The thing is I'll see the price and think 'nah that's 10% of an SD M42' lol....

And that Stewie shenanigans will be marked in your record pending your first review. Not a good start Mr N. Sorry I'm being a bit of a troll today I think. Need a cup of tea

Great pick up Todd...those white umbrellas are not commonly found..along with the stands ...You done well in your find. As Jerry said..there will be much trial and error before you find the right position. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    there will be much trial and error before you find the right position. Regards Larry
    That's what she said
    image.jpg

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I agree on both remarks!
    cheers
    |<
    The lights are a bit bright I think. It only came with one type of bulb so that's all I had to work with. Not as much glare as the bright sun but it's noticeable. I'll keep working on it.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I agree on both remarks!
    cheers
    |<
    Nikon D40. It's about 6 years old now.

image.jpg

?

Nice Todd. I had some studio lights which broke down so am going to buy new lights and a muslin backdrop and a new camera next month. Use a D80 but the damn iPhone is soooo much more convenient LOL. Moving the D80 out to pasture.

?

PS if I could make one recommendation, edit your pics and turn the exposure down. Will give it a more natural colour. But still, nice clear sharp pics for sure. A grey backdrop is better than white as well.

Thanks Doug. Guess it's back to walmart for a gray sheet, lol
    I'll have to work on the details. In your free books give-away, you wouldn't happen to have a Photography for Idiots book, would ya? lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast