Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Now I can feel like a pro

Article about: Stopped at one yard sale today and this is what I came home with, all for \\$100. I dunno of that's a good price but I didn't care. Time to have some indoor photography fun

?

I read that book everyday and forget the next day...

Trial and error is a hell of a lot more fun than reading how to do it. I was just looking at Jan's pics on GHW and I see he uses a gray background which really absorbs some of that excess light and makes the helmet pop out. Definitely switching to gray!

The best trick is to have a wife who is a photographer.

Tried pics with a gray background....not as happy as I thought I would be. I'll keep playing with the settings.

DSC_1263.jpg
    DSC_1264.jpg
    DSC_1265.jpg
    DSC_1266.jpg
    DSC_1267.jpg
    DSC_1268.jpg
    DSC_1269.jpg
    DSC_1270.jpg

I have to say I prefer the white.

I have to agree with you Glenn. I found the camera had trouble with the gray background. When I look at the small pics of the gray on the iPhone they don't look so bad but when enlarged I don't like then as much.

My wife is actually doing a shoot today for Gucci (can you believe ONE handbag will be delivered to her studio with its own security guy who will stand watch the entire time?). Anyway, they want a grey background and she is having trouble with 'patchiness' so during a test shoot last night we got some way to an acceptable quality by reducing depth of field in order to blur the background a little. Not knowing your camera capabilities, perhaps you can experiment down that path?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Anyway, they want a grey background and she is having trouble with 'patchiness' so during a test shoot last night we got some way to an acceptable quality by reducing depth of field in order to blur the background a little. Not knowing your camera capabilities, perhaps you can experiment down that path?
    Whhhhhhaaaattttttttt?????? (lol)

I just did a re-shoot of my mail home M42. The helmet looks blurry to me. Maybe it's my screens resolution, I don't know. I have also been playing with the position of the lights to cut down on the glare and reflection.

DSC_1271.jpg
    DSC_1272.jpg
    DSC_1273.jpg
    DSC_1274.jpg
    DSC_1275.jpg
    DSC_1276.jpg
    DSC_1277.jpg
    DSC_1278.jpg
    DSC_1280.jpg
    DSC_1281.jpg
    DSC_1283.jpg

Your new photos look pretty clear to me Todd, especially the liner shot.
    Maybe your depth of focus is set too low. Either that or you just plain "shake".
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast