Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Occupations?

Article about: Done all sorts over the years, toolmaker originally, the rest in no particular order, Dispatch rider, Gardener, Bin man, grave digger, building worker, shop worker, bar worker on a nudist be

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Power is something I both fear and respect Mark I can only assume you are dealing with high tension power a good deal of the time not much room for error I deal alot with 460-600 VDC/VAC at times in my job and took a jolt last year in the elbow from a coil 340 VAC and it through me across the room a bit off an eye opener.

Regards Mark K
    If you get a real bad shock it can be an eye closer.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Got that right Pete I think low voltage scares the hell out of me more though as it wont kick you off the line you just do the shake and bake.

Regards Mark K

?

Forgot to mention, before I got into the Film thing as a crew member, I spent 10 years in the Canadian Army as a Medic with the Airbourn Regt.

Dean O

?

10 years US Navy, left in 2011. Now work for the state lottery and run my own business selling antiques and collectables at weekend markets.

mpw
    ?

Power is something I both fear and respect Mark I can only assume you are dealing with high tension power a good deal of the time not much room for error I deal alot with 460-600 VDC/VAC at times in my job and took a jolt last year in the elbow from a coil 340 VAC and it through me across the room a bit off an eye opener.

Regards Mark K
    Yes Mark. With electricity you can't see it or smell it but you can certainly feel it! I'm glad you lived to tell the tail. I work regularly with 1100 volts and it pays to stay very focused.

Rgd's Mark.

As some of you know, I'm a Learning Disability Nurse. I work in a secure unit for people with Autism who have challenging behaviour/committed crimes. Its keeps me busy.

?

Nice to hear from you V I thought you had gone to ground or I must have been missing your threads.. Cheers Terry.

Regards Mark K
    This needs to happen to a few more people so that they realize what we need to be wary of!
    This also happened to me with 347 volt, because someone was trying to make me hurry. I told him that if he ever did that to me again, I would smack him!
    I started as a shoemaker's helper in my father's store at the age of about 8!
    I have driven tractor in the tobacco fields, grain bin and elevator erector, auto body technician, auto mechanic, and since 1980 as a journeyman interprovincial electrician, since 1992 as an alberta journeyman instrument mechanic and millwright/ machinist and general "fix everything".
    Also, many other things in between.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I heer you Ralph I started in the saw mills at age 13 doing night shift clean up it would take a few hours then the Millwrights or electricians would come in and scoop me up when they needed a hand some nights I did not get much clean up done.
    Soon enough they hired a new kid and that is all I ever did any more was assist the trades men as a matter of fact I am sitting in Vancouver Airport waiting for my flight to John I Love my job not many people get to say that.

Regards Mark K

I heer you Ralph I started in the saw mills at age 13 doing night shift clean up it would take a few hours then the Millwrights or electricians would come in and scoop me up when they needed a hand some nights I did not get much clean up done.
    Soon enough they hired a new kid and that is all I ever did any more was assist the trades men as a matter of fact I am sitting in Vancouver Airport waiting for my flight to John I Love my job not many people get to say that.

Regards Mark K
    Hi Mark,
    I can safely say that I love what I do, just don't like many of the people that I work with.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast