Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Off to see "The Book Thief"

Article about: Lez and I are off to see this new film tonight. I will post a review in the morning. Cheers, Ade.

Default Off to see "The Book Thief"

Lez and I are off to see this new film tonight.

I will post a review in the morning.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade, Hope you enjoy it. I've read the book a couple of times and it is excellent. Please let us know your opinion of it.

Hope you enjoy it Ade , I plan to go at the weekend

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I've heard good reports!...

Hi Guys, well no report yet.

We got to the cinema and settled down with our popcorn and drinks. The trailers started, I always like these, and one came up for the "The Book Thief". We looked at each other thinking this was odd? Other trailers played and finally the film started, "Monuments Men"......My friend ran out to tell the cinema manager. A few mins passed and James the manager came in to appologise. The film would not play. So we all had our money back and a free ticket for another film of our choice. Luckily there were only a few dissappointed customers as this was a special preview night. So we will go and see it next week. I will report back then.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Not a bad score Ade, two free films, gotta be happy about that mate!

?

It's worth the wait Ade, you'll enjoy it.

Regards,

Carl

Watched it about a month ago..enjoyable movie,dont want to say more (dont want to spoil it) but well worth the watch..also out is Colette (2013) Colette (2013) - IMDb about a couple working in the "canada" section of Birkenau

Finally got to see the film this evening.

Very good indeed. A nice story. The kit was well researched and the sets had a nice period feel to them.

Lez was choking back the tears.

Don't go expecting a war film as such. It is not. But certainly well worth seeing.

Cheers, Ade.

Just back from seeing the film, most impressed, very true to the book, was a bit disappointed they cut the scene where Max boxes with Hitler, still can't have everything.