Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Old picture

Article about: Any ideas on the uniforms in this picture? Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this

?

Default Old picture

Any ideas on the uniforms in this picture? Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would suggest waiting for people who know more on the topic. That being said they look early 20th century Balkan uniforms, could even be Albanian but dont take my word there is people with more experience on this forum.

image.jpg
    Easier to look at!...

?

Thanks guys!

?

I tired Albanian and Balkan but I can't seem to find an exact match

Interesting. I have no idea about the time period of the uniform though. That being said at a closer look of the medal it seems to resemble to flag of Bulgaria. Could be a Bulgaria WW1 Commemorative medal-1915 1918. That could help narrow the search. I could be wrong though.

attachment.jpgpreview-file.jpgThe persons are Habsburg, i.e. Kuk, with one likely being a Kaiserjaeger, with the kepi, the green patches, the feather in the cap, and such.

Ortner_Die_kuk_Armee.jpgThe source bar none, these are the best books in the world on continental European militaria regalia.

- - ------- - -

I am reasonably certain, but others know better. I spend a lot of time in Vienna, and the Kuk army is a love of mine.

In dem Sinne, einen schoenen, alten Film......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0jts41cAaM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast