Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

One that Got Away !

Article about: This photo almost brings a tear to my eye ! It was a collection purchased by a former boss and good friend of mine back in the 80's . He had sold it as a group but told me he considered keep

Default Re: One that Got Away !

- .........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Burnt the papers? I hope you punched him in the face. That must have stunk to have been that close but missed out nonetheless.

CBH
    ?

I believe they came out of a naval stores somewhere on the coast , Canadians fought their way into Germany along the northern part of the front , through Holland etc . Yes it still makes me sad ! I guess they burned the paper work because they thought it might have information that would get people into trouble , Germans I guess . But that stuff is still out there , and it would be a wonderful find ! Someday I hope .
    Cheers Chris

Some people are just inherently Stupid....just ask JoeT and his recycling business...some people disposing of stuff like he's found should simply be put out of their own misery...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Amazing to see what pops up now and then. What a collection. You can bet there is more tucked away and forgotten. Just hope the right person finds it .

Blimey O'Reiley !

I have not seen so many Honour Clasps together!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2