Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The ones that got away! AKA "Bad Timing"!

Article about: We did this a year ago... http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discus...buying-151609/

Default The ones that got away! AKA "Bad Timing"!

Hi all! I think in our hooby there is always a time that one has no money! And that particular time we (in most cases) find the most desirable items... I think everyone in here has lost an item that will always regrets he let it go whatever the cost might was! Some items may appear once in a lifetime... Well, let me hear your sad story of your lost treasure...

My special item was a unique flag that i found at a local antique shop. Let me describe it since i have no pics on this pc at my work (i will upload them when i get home)...
    It was a big flag about 3 x 4 meters, it had the 3 German national colors and the fj eagle in the middle! Over the eagle was a name of a fj Regiment and beneath the eagle the word KRETA... The dealer wanted 2.000 for it so i was forced to pass... Plus the flag was in it's original paper box!

Default Re: The ones that got away! AKA "Bad Timing"!

I was looking online and found an original painting from hitler.... Signed and all...... Not only the fact that it would have cost 23,000 (way out of my range) but the fact that mum saw it as an unlikely candidate to hang on the wall meant I had to pass....

Thanks,
    Caleb.

?

It's always bad timing Mike.. I need to win the lottery to stem my hobby lol...If had the money! I wouldhave bought a DKiS but it was up for sale far over my monthly spending plan...& now it has gone....Nevermind still breathing...Cheers Terry.

?

Vet bring back: two helmets, one Heer SD untouched, the other : SS Sd untouched, both complete from vet. He wanted $2000 for the Heer and $3000 for the SS, although he would have sold both for $4000! I was saving up to move to another place at the time and missed out!
    Dean.

I've not missed out on anything specifically when I have not had the money (YET!), however I could list several items that I could have got but missed out on due to either being too slow or more often doing the old "i'll have a think about it". I have learned from many burns that youve just got to go with your gut and if it feels right get it.

Cheers.

?

For me it was a ww2 Japanese NCO sword in good condition with matching numbers, i wanted it because it was the cheapest one i have ever seen so i sold a bunch of stuff and saved my money for about a month and the day i went to buy it, GONE

Quote by MilitariaCollector View Post
    For me it was a ww2 Japanese NCO sword in good condition with matching numbers, i wanted it because it was the cheapest one i have ever seen so i sold a bunch of stuff and saved my money for about a month and the day i went to buy it, GONE
    May have been for the best. I remember going a antique fair with James and seeing a 1862 US Cavalry Sabre at a reasonable price so was very tempted. Everything seemed to be right so we went to the bank to get the money. When we got back we were talking to the seller and asked if he could come down a little on price so we could afford it, he was adamant he couldn't. We were walking away and feeling a bit gutted that it wasn't meant to be when we heard him talking to another seller about how we nearly bought it and although it was a reproduction he believed he could sell it at that price to someone who thought it was a bargain. Lucky escape

?

Edelweiss your a better man then me I would have turned around and ripped him a new a$$ called him a thief.

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Edelweiss your a better man then me I would have turned around and ripped him a new a$$ called him a thief.
    Haha, i bet you're a better man than me for 1 reason... Im a lady
    Tell me about it! I;ve remembered his face though so he's going to lose out on trade in the future

?

Sorry about that . last year o was at a show and bought a m1 carbine bayonet and a guy saw what I bought said he had some German daggers he was one of the dealers showed me 4 or 5 ok daggers low end in shape. I told him they were nice but I like them in better shape . He was also asking big money. I walked away and came back a short tome later and the guy was ripping on me with some other guys about my junk bayonet and how good his daggers are. When I walked back up to him I think he pooped . We cleared up things real fast .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast