Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

only fools and horses

Article about: good evening all ,a daft one really but ive been watching my dvd collection of only fools and horses ,, i cant help but notice rodneys fondness for bdu shirts so far he's been spotted with b

Default only fools and horses

good evening all ,a daft one really but ive been watching my dvd collection of only fools and horses ,, i cant help but notice rodneys fondness for bdu shirts so far he's been spotted with brush stroke cammo and his trusty woodland dpm's

Default Re: only fools and horses

takes after his father who was also a collector of ww2 items and vehicles,[Joe Lyndhurst was very nice guy].

By a strange coincidence I used to work as an extra and during my first year at University my agent rang with a part in the show but my then girlfriend told them I was too busy and by the time I got back to them the opportunity had passed and in fact I never worked as an extra again. Obviously the girlfriend soon after became an ex girlfriend.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

What a great show, maybe the best british show ever made.
    I love the comedy and the occasional ww2 joke such as,
    "Only one who missed this is the Luftwaffe"
    "Ja mein obergruppenführer" - Rodney saluting Dells fiancé
    And of course "during the war"lol.
    Or the one special episode.... "in the 1939-45 conflict between Germany"

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    takes after his father who was also a collector of ww2 items and vehicles,[Joe Lyndhurst was very nice guy].
    thanks for the info harry i never realised

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    By a strange coincidence I used to work as an extra and during my first year at University my agent rang with a part in the show but my then girlfriend told them I was too busy and by the time I got back to them the opportunity had passed and in fact I never worked as an extra again. Obviously the girlfriend soon after became an ex girlfriend.
    such a shame you missed out jerry ,it would of been great to see you in one of the episodes ,can i ask what other extra work you did ,it sounds facinating all the best james

Quote by daniel1234 View Post
    What a great show, maybe the best british show ever made.
    I love the comedy and the occasional ww2 joke such as,
    "Only one who missed this is the Luftwaffe"
    "Ja mein obergruppenführer" - Rodney saluting Dells fiancé
    And of course "during the war"lol.
    Or the one special episode.... "in the 1939-45 conflict between Germany"
    great stuff daniel ,i think the only time i havent seen rodney in cammo was when he was pretending to be 12 years old after winning a competition for a holiday

Quote by col james View Post
    such a shame you missed out jerry ,it would of been great to see you in one of the episodes ,can i ask what other extra work you did ,it sounds facinating all the best james
    Mostly I did period costume stuff, played a Viking in the Sea Dragon with Pat Roach, was in a history of piracy for Sky with Gareth Thomas from Blake's 7, played a 13th century pirate for something else, played a Celt in a Welsh language show for S4C with Rhys Ivans in which I was being fed to the Lions in the Colosseum until he saved me, did an advert as a Viking for Mansfield riding bitter, played a Rugby fan in Old Scores with Windsor Davis and the all blacks and Wales rugby teams from the 70's etc....

I will be working on a new Welsh Language Archaeology series which starts being filmed next month, though obviously not as an extra.
    Regards,

Jerry

wow jerry excellent stuff ,windsor davies was a favorite actor of mine ,especially in carry on behind and of course never the twain ,your latest project on Archaeology sounds very interesting ,can you let me know when it will be aired please and will you be visiting Gogledd Cymru during the series ,cheers james

The one I know about for certain is a 12th century church near Conway, then there a few in mid wales and then some in South Wales, but as yet I only know that I am in the first one in Conway. I'll let you know when it is being aired, but not till late this year or possibly not till early next year.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast