Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinion: Is it even worth buying relics on ebay?

Article about: I'm just wondering what you guys think is it worth it or does the amount of fakes and high prices make it pointless?

Default Re: Opinion: Is it even worth buying relics on ebay?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I'm amazed that guy's auctions have not been pulled, knowing ebay and it's policies.
    KradSpam,

Yes so am i.I put(big mistake) a Panzer light weight tunic rank of 1st Lt. w/tank badge,krim shield,3 ribbon bar on and covered the swaztica's up.In less than 24 hours it was pulled with some Gestapo B.S. excuse.I would never sell on that Ejunk site!!!!

I bought items on ebay and never had any problems, but I do my research before bidding and I will not get involved in bidding wars.

You are a very lucky guy not to have any problems on Ejunk!Have you won any SS or Panzer items that were 100%?That site is a dumping grounds for Chinese,East European etc.,repros and humped up stuff!! Ground dug,field used items can be won,but very little really good stuff can be.

I know ebay has its detractors and it does have many inconsistencies which can be very frustrating. But it is only a conduit to buy or sell. Antique dealers' have been at it for many years going back into antiquity, and so have the fakers. It really is up to the individual to research something, which forums like this can now help. I know a few auctiohouses in the uk whose staff are thick as pig shit and pass of stuff without any qualms, as dealers know all to well and pass stuff through them to make them look like sleepers.

I only bought helmets (non-German) that are not faked along with some bayonets and occasional field gear pieces.
    I look for pieces that are not faked yet :-)

I've found some good german paperwork/documents on Ebay at a good price...but I speak german and am able to sift through the garbage perhaps better than others, especially new collectors...This Forum is still the best place to check first before bidding on an item...lots of knowledge and helpful folks here...
    Just my 2 cents worth! Glenn

- - Updated - -

I thank you all for you opinions on this matter though a question remains if ebay is this difficult to use if you are new to the game do any of you know of other websites besides this forum that is better for buying relics because as much as i love this websites classifieds i find that the Items I look for are rarely for sale ie. Canadian world war 1, world war 2 and korean war items.

I just googled "WW2 Canadian military collectibles" and got great results....Quite a bit of Canadian stuff out there!
    Vernonscollectibles specializes in Canadian items as well...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2